Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Ryan Flaherty's heating up

Ryan Flaherty's heating up

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 24th, 2012, 11:03 am

Yesterday, Tucker tweeted the following:

Flaherty: .211/.242/.316 in 124 PA.
Roberts: .182 /.233 /.182 in 66 PA.
Andino: .230 /.292 /.325 in 301 PA.

Flaherty has been just about as bad as Andino this season but as we've seen lately, maybe he can hit more with extra at-bats. I fear that when Roberts returns they're going to plug him right back into the leadoff role.

I'd like to see Flaherty become the starting 2B for the rest of the season.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Ryan Flaherty's heating up

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 24th, 2012, 11:07 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I'd like to see Flaherty become the starting 2B for the rest of the season.

Welcome to the band. I've been singing that song since Roberts went back on the DL.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Matt P » July 24th, 2012, 1:29 pm

He's only had 1 hit each game though. JJ had a 5 game hitting streak of 1 hit each game and nobody said anything about it. Then again, JJ had a big game on Sunday to extend it to 6 so let's hope Flaherty has a big game coming up too.

I'm more excited about the fact he has been playing very well at 2B. Earlier in the year in his rare start there he could barely throw the ball to 1B and even last week Reynolds bailed him out 4 times in the same game. He seems to have settled in nicely at 2B now though as he is making the routine play as well as some very difficult plays.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » July 24th, 2012, 1:51 pm

I think Flaherty is a player who *gasp* needs to get consistent playing time. His at-bats have simply been better since playing almost every day. He seems to have gotten in a groove and settled nicely at 2B as Matt said. While I don't think he's going to turn into some stud whom carries the Orioles, he could easily be a decent option at 2B instead of blowing the back for one.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by Rising O's » July 24th, 2012, 8:00 pm

I'll get hopeful when he can get it up to 250.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #6 by osforlife » July 25th, 2012, 11:36 am

I've always liked this dude. Never once did I say we should boot him off the roster. Starting second basemen for the rest of the year sounds good. :D
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Baltimore Orioles