Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Thanks

Thanks

PostPost #1 by Ampontan » July 19th, 2012, 9:35 am

For the Tim Berry interview. Have always been curious about him (have heard comparisons to Bedard), and that's about as much information on him in one place as I've ever seen.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Thanks

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 19th, 2012, 9:43 am

Ampontan wrote:For the Tim Berry interview. Have always been curious about him (have heard comparisons to Bedard), and that's about as much information on him in one place as I've ever seen.

No problem. I'm glad found it useful and interesting.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » July 19th, 2012, 4:59 pm

I am intrigued by Berry and wish to see him sometime this season. Just hasn't fallen on a date where I could make it.

He's largely overlooked sometimes, but he's a nice little sleeper.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » July 19th, 2012, 8:55 pm

I can understand everyone's interest in Tim. I mean a 50th round pick who the team invests 4th- round money on, doesn't come along everyday. Combine that high expectation with recovering from a major injury, and there you have Tim. As I said in my first half review of the starters, Tim started the season very strong and looked like he had turned a major corner. As April ran into May however, his off speed stuff seemed to lose some of its movement, and he quickly became very hittable.

Great news is that Tim just turned 21 before the season started and he now has more than 225 professional innings under his belt. Still a long way to go, but the potential is there.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #5 by ofahn » July 19th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:I can understand everyone's interest in Tim. I mean a 50th round pick who the team invests 4th- round money on, doesn't come along everyday. Combine that high expectation with recovering from a major injury, and there you have Tim. As I said in my first half review of the starters, Tim started the season very strong and looked like he had turned a major corner. As April ran into May however, his off speed stuff seemed to lose some of its movement, and he quickly became very hittable.

Great news is that Tim just turned 21 before the season started and he now has more than 225 professional innings under his belt. Still a long way to go, but the potential is there.

One of the biggest hurdles for any pitcher is learning how to keep your team in the game when you don't have your best stuff. Hopefully, he will make these adjustments and take the next step.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Minor Leagues