Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Comments on posts

Comments on posts

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 18th, 2012, 1:59 pm

We've opened up comments on some of the posts on the main page.

For featured articles like scouting reports, detailed stat breakdowns, game reports, etc, there will be a link to a forum topic that will be used for discussion.

However, for smaller items like interviews, the minor league scores, player of the week, etc., we'll be using the WordPress comment system (maybe a more advanced one in the future). We'll test this for a few weeks and if there seems to be discussion on the smaller posts we'll keep it going.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Comments on posts

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 18th, 2012, 4:19 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:We've opened up comments on some of the posts on the main page.

For featured articles like scouting reports, detailed stat breakdowns, game reports, etc, there will be a link to a forum topic that will be used for discussion.

However, for smaller items like interviews, the minor league scores, player of the week, etc., we'll be using the WordPress comment system (maybe a more advanced one in the future). We'll test this for a few weeks and if there seems to be discussion on the smaller posts we'll keep it going.

ANYTHING but Discus. That may be the WORST commenting system ever made.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 18th, 2012, 4:25 pm

ofahn wrote:
ANYTHING but Discus. That may be the WORST commenting system ever made.

Why don't you like it? I just installed it but would be happy to remove it if I feel there is a good reason.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by ofahn » July 18th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Why don't you like it? I just installed it but would be happy to remove it if I feel there is a good reason.

When MASN installed it it took me almost three months to get access to the blogs. I keep sending emails to Discus describing the problem and error messages and could never get any answer. Finally, I contacted someone at MASN and they couldn't get Discus to answer THEIR emails.

It's because of Discus that I won't post on MASN anymore and I know that I'm not the only one who walked away from them when they went to Discus.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 18th, 2012, 4:37 pm

ofahn wrote:
When MASN installed it it took me almost three months to get access to the blogs. I keep sending emails to Discus describing the problem and error messages and could never get any answer. Finally, I contacted someone at MASN and they couldn't get Discus to answer THEIR emails.

It's because of Discus that I won't post on MASN anymore and I know that I'm not the only one who walked away from them when they went to Discus.

Gotcha. Well it seems to be working fine on ON so we'll keep it for now.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Tucker Blair » July 20th, 2012, 1:18 am

I encourage people to actually comment!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Announcements