Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Norfolk Catching Situation

Norfolk Catching Situation

PostPost #1 by osforlife » July 17th, 2012, 8:48 am

The Tides currently have four catchers on their roster. Luis Exposito, Caleb Joseph, Ronny Paulino, and Chris Robinson. The O's probably want Brian Ward getting regular at-bats in Bowie so you cannot just send one down unless you replace Allan de San Miguel as the back-up catcher. Who do you start? Does somebody get released?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: Norfolk Catching Situation

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » July 17th, 2012, 10:12 am

I was wondering about this the other day.

I really have no clue what's going to happen but I think it's safe to say Caleb and Exposito are safe. Paulino probably is too.
Robinson is probably the best bet to be dropped if I ha to venture a guess
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Norfolk Catching Situation

PostPost #3 by osforlife » July 20th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Caleb Joesph is in Bowie. Allan de San Miguel is in Frederick. Norfolk still has 3 catchers in Exposito, Paulino, and Robinson. I'll take a guess and say we cut ties with Ronny. He hit well in April (largely because of his first game when he went 4-4) but has cooled down since. And apparently his defense wasn't up to par. He isn't a bat offensive back-up catcher, but we just have a surplus of backstops as the time. We should have just kept Hester and let him play everyday at Norfolk or be the backup to Wieters once Teagarden got here. I didn't like how he just got released.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Minor Leagues