Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's going back to WBAL

O's going back to WBAL

PostPost #1 by Gator » February 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm

In an announcement earlier today, the Orioles radio broadcasts have gone back to WBAL 1090 from 105.7 The Fan.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... _wbal.html

I have a question for anyone who might know, but speciafically to those here on the shore. Where in the world can i catch the O's on radio in Salisbury? It seems that nothing comes through here ever and all i can pick up is the local broadcasts of the shorebirds. I generally dont need the radio feed but I'd like to hear them on day games while im working. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Gator
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: O's going back to WBAL

PostPost #2 by DougDE » February 9th, 2011, 4:37 am

This sucks for me. Work nights and for some reason the truck I drive doesn't pick up any am. Might have to look back into satellite radio. Had it once a few years ago. As for where you can get the games in Salisbury, if you're near a computer at work, the radio feed for every mlb game from mlb.com is like $20 a year. Dont know if they're on regular radio down there
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by DougDE » February 9th, 2011, 4:42 am

Out of curiosity just did a quick search and it looks like last year the O's were on AM1320 in Salisbury. Dont know if that will be the same with the flagship switch
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by Don » February 9th, 2011, 10:25 am

1320 is a CBS owned station, but it is not under the umbrella of the sinclair broadcasting group which includes the 105.7, 1300 AM, etc...

To make a long story short, it does not matter that both are CBS based stations and the Orioles can negotiate the rights. If 1090 AM carries a broadcast signal to the area, 1320 will no longer have the rights and it will be on 1090 AM.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #5 by Gator » February 9th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Thanks guys. I was able to pick up 1090 while i was driving around today, although a little static was there, so I'm pretty excited about that.. The reason i really asked was because i knew that 1320 or whatever carried it last year and i couldnt pick any games up. It would always play ESPN radio during games. Not really sure why.
Gator
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles