Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Post-Signing Deadline Depth Charts

Post-Signing Deadline Depth Charts

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 16th, 2012, 12:39 am

Looks for Tucker's post signing deadline depth chart a bit later today (Monday); followed by mine on Tuesday.

These depth charts are based on prospect rankings and not how advanced a prospect is or at what level they play.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Post-Signing Deadline Depth Charts

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 16th, 2012, 9:23 am

Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #3 by ofahn » July 16th, 2012, 9:32 am

Tucker,

First, thanks for taking the time to put this together. Second, looking at this list makes we wonder why we would even CONSIDER buying a rental this year when we should be trying to add quality prospects. Third, I was curious why you ranked Brandon Waring ahead of Torsten Boss.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » July 16th, 2012, 10:01 am

Just making the list was enough for me to realize the Orioles should not be making any significant trades.

Also I put Waring ahead of Boss because as of now Boss is a 21 YO in Aberdeen. He really has some flaws in his game which I think could get exploited at higher levels. He will need to prove me wrong, which I hope he does!
Waring is not the most impressive guy in the world, but at least he is showing some OK skills at AAA (although I'm not exactly expecting him to be in the majors anytime soon)

Of course, it just shows how bad the depth is at 3rd base to even have Waring or Boss on the top 4.
This list was really hard to make for some positions. 3rd Was probably one of the harder ones.

/E Also it shows in high magnitude that I put a 3B in GCL atop my list...
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » July 16th, 2012, 10:04 am

Also I just flipped Juan Guzman and Jaime Esquivel. I had intended to do that before, but I must have forgotten.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #6 by socalbbfan » July 16th, 2012, 11:43 am

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Very informative. I have some questions on a couple of the new Aberdeen pitchers from So Cal that were just brought up from the GCL.

Jason McCraken – I noticed him missing. Do you know what the O’s plan is for him is?

Bennett Parry – 26 K’s and only 2 walks in 19 innings is VERY impressive. How much should we dismiss this as being in the GCL? I would think that stat is eye opening at any level but I’m not that familiar with the competition level down in Florida. Have you ever seen him pitch? I saw him in high school and he was a bull dog. Just ponded the zone and attacked the hitters. He seemed fearless so maybe him being a strikeout machine could be for real.
socalbbfan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » July 16th, 2012, 11:52 am

I just missed McCracken to be honest. Figured that would happen at least once haha.
Not sure what the Orioles have planned for him outside sticking in the pen.

Parry probably could and should have started in Aberdeen once they opened up. He was easily the most prepared pitcher at GCL. So it was not shocking to see him do so good. I wouldn't dismiss it, since it's really his first go around.
I haven't seen Parry yet (Haven't been to GCL recently), outside of tape. He's probably near the top of my list to go see next though. I think Jordan has seen him.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #8 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 16th, 2012, 11:58 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Parry probably could and should have started in Aberdeen once they opened up. He was easily the most prepared pitcher at GCL. So it was not shocking to see him do so good. I wouldn't dismiss it, since it's really his first go around.
I haven't seen Parry yet (Haven't been to GCL recently), outside of tape. He's probably near the top of my list to go see next though. I think Jordan has seen him.

Haven't seen him yet but hopefully I catch him at Aberdeen this year.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 16th, 2012, 11:59 am

Another heads up: Don's depth chart will be posted Wednesday.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by socalbbfan » July 16th, 2012, 12:10 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:I just missed McCracken to be honest. Figured that would happen at least once haha.
Not sure what the Orioles have planned for him outside sticking in the pen.

Parry probably could and should have started in Aberdeen once they opened up. He was easily the most prepared pitcher at GCL. So it was not shocking to see him do so good. I wouldn't dismiss it, since it's really his first go around.

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to see a current tape. The only one I've seen on the web is from High School 3 years ago when he was a skinny 6' 6" 185lbs. Looking at today's roster he's at 225 so he's really filled out. Hopefully one day you can put a link to his name where you can post it. Thanks again!
socalbbfan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #11 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 16th, 2012, 12:14 pm

socalbbfan wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'd love to see a current tape. The only one I've seen on the web is from High School 3 years ago when he was a skinny 6' 6" 185lbs. Looking at today's roster he's at 225 so he's really filled out. Hopefully one day you can put a link to his name where you can post it. Thanks again!

We're currently working to have profiles for every player in the system. He should have one soon.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by Shorebirdfan » July 16th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Wow really does show how thin we are. Top 1B isn't a first baseman, 2nd 2B hasn't played much, and Givens doesn't even play 2B.

Sellers? With what. Time to sit still, let the season play out and focus on winter meetings.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #13 by Tucker Blair » July 16th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:Wow really does show how thin we are. Top 1B isn't a first baseman, 2nd 2B hasn't played much, and Givens doesn't even play 2B.

Sellers? With what. Time to sit still, let the season play out and focus on winter meetings.

Yup, it's tough pickings. Also so many "tweeners" in this org. I seriously didn't know where to put Givens, Boss, Delmonico position wise. Delmonico could end up in the OF down the road, Boss could play anywhere really, and who knows what happens with Givens. He could play SS, 2B, I don't even know.

You guys will really enjoy Jordan's and Don's. There depth charts are similar in some aspects but have a lot of changes from mine. Which is good to have multiple views on players.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #14 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 17th, 2012, 9:04 am

My depth chart: http://orioles-nation.com/2012/07/17/jo ... hart-2012/

I'm happy to answer any questions.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by Shorebirdfan » July 17th, 2012, 2:12 pm

I know most are going to think I'm nuts, but I think Hobgood still has something left in the tank and will be back on here in some role.

I think its time to cut bait on some of the experiments in the organization (Jai Miller, Bll Hall, Nate McLouth) unless you feel that the team can contend this season and those guys can contribute. Don't let kids like Kipp get away when the possibility is still there. Next mix it up a little. It obvious where the weaknesses still lie, 1B, 3B, LF, LHP. Try and focus the development there. No one has emerged as a 3B in Bowie at this point, so try Kelly there now that he has been promoted. What can it hurt?

Jason has been a diappointment both with the glove and bat at 3B here (last night not withstanding), so give Narron and Delmonico some reps there these last 2 months.

Curious to hear from both you and Tucker (and Don tomorrow) what separates Davis, Mummey and Ruettiger from one another as far as your rankings. Lots of similar traits amongst the three.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Next

Return to Minor Leagues