Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Shorebirds

Shorebirds

PostPost #1 by bird's fan » February 8th, 2011, 8:03 pm

I see the projected roster for the Shorebirds have all left hand starting pitchers, they have Roth listed as rhp but he's a lefty, any reason for this?. In looking at the line up, they should have an impressive team with a lot of potential to move forward in the system. I looked at some of the stats for the starting pitchers, college and minors, and they look pretty strong. The projected pen also looks good ,so this year, hopefully, will be a success for the team and players.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Shorebirds

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 8th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Fixed. Thanks for catching that.

If Givens and Schoop join Machado (only sure bet to open at Delmarva) that will make quite the infield. The pitching staff, as you mentioned is also going to be impressive. Delmarva will probably end up with the most talent in the system. Though all of the minor league rotations are pretty impressive.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Don » February 9th, 2011, 10:30 am

But this has been expected for a few months. The Orioles typically keep high school and prior injury risks at Delmarva. They tend to throw out College guys or at least a full season minor player to Frederick to start off a season. Seeing the majority of youth and injuried players being the focal point of the depth in the Orioles farm system, it is logical that Delmarva should have a solid lineup on paper.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by bird's fan » February 10th, 2011, 9:40 am

If I had to pick a "sleeper" in the starting rotation it would be Roth. Based on his college stats, freshman and junior years, sophomore injured, it looked impressive. He only had 2 hrs off him as a freshman and 2 as junior but as a junior had 52 walks but his era was 2.98. This tells me he rolled a lot of gb dp's. He pitched 93 innings in college and 55 at Bluefield so by end of Minor season he had to be worn out. We'll see this year what he does. The question also ,to me , is Coffey and will he be fully recovered from his injury. This guys a talent , no question and hopefully he'll bounce back. I'm really looking forward to seeing this projected team on the field to see if they will jell and play the kind of baseball they are capable of playing.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Minor Leagues