Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Whats the latest on Jesse Beal?

Whats the latest on Jesse Beal?

PostPost #1 by DougDE » July 15th, 2012, 7:44 am

Was looking at the minor league scores and noticed Beal's name for the 1st time in a long time, altho I dont look at the minor scores every day. Whats been the story with him? Countless injuries? Does he still have any prospect status?
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Whats the latest on Jesse Beal?

PostPost #2 by Don » July 15th, 2012, 8:26 am

He is at Delmarva and had his delivery compacted similar to Chris Tillman. He is seeing his return and pitching about 1-2 mph harder, no pain, no loss in structural strength.

Always had strong command and ability to locate for a big pitcher and is still able to keep it down. The improved speed and ability to sustain it for a second turn right now is a good sign that he is back on the road.

He is coming out of the bullpen for numbers games and also to get him an additional bullpen session, and to systematically stretch him out. You could possible see him as a starter maybe around mid-august to end his season with 2-3 starts.

This season was about getting back into the saddle and he has done it. It is an up and down process, but outing similar to last night (7/14) is why I expected good things when he signed out of high school. 22, he still has plenty of time to shake out.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » July 15th, 2012, 8:34 am

I touched on Beal in a recent report I wrote on the first half.

http://orioles-nation.com/2012/07/11/sh ... w-bullpen/

Don hits the finer points above. His appearance last night was outstanding going 4 innings allowing only 1H, 1BB and recording 5K's. His brothers were in attendance last night, so it was even more rewarding for him I'm sure. Not countless injuries (just one major one) so hopefuly he is on his way back. I like they way they've handled him bringing him along slowly (not something you normall hear coming from me).
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » July 15th, 2012, 10:46 am

Yea I was pleasantly surprised last night when I saw the boxscore.

I think his return plus a few other factors allowed them to move some other guys up.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues