Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Impressions of Bundy 7/14

Impressions of Bundy 7/14

PostPost #1 by docjj » July 14th, 2012, 9:51 pm

I sat in the front row for his Frederick outing and bullpen session. He pitched well tonight, if you look at his numbers. He certainly has a refined delivery and seems fairly accurate with his locations. He threw mostly fastballs. He threw a few curves that induced some swing-and-miss strikeouts in the dirt, but had difficulty commanding the pitch. (Unless he intended them to bounce in the dirt?)

Scoreboard showed fastball 92-93 MPH and 94 maybe 4-5 times. Is this accurate? Has he suffered a dip in velocity? I thought when he was drafted he was routinely hitting 95 and occasionally 97-98?

I can try to post video if I figure out how to do this...
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Impressions of Bundy 7/14

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 14th, 2012, 10:08 pm

docjj wrote:I sat in the front row for his Frederick outing and bullpen session. He pitched well tonight, if you look at his numbers. He certainly has a refined delivery and seems fairly accurate with his locations. He threw mostly fastballs. He threw a few curves that induced some swing-and-miss strikeouts in the dirt, but had difficulty commanding the pitch. (Unless he intended them to bounce in the dirt?)

Scoreboard showed fastball 92-93 MPH and 94 maybe 4-5 times. Is this accurate? Has he suffered a dip in velocity? I thought when he was drafted he was routinely hitting 95 and occasionally 97-98?

I can try to post video if I figure out how to do this...

I was at the game as well!

I spoke with a player before the game and he alerted me that the scoreboard radar is on average 4 mph slow. So he was 96-98 mph with his fastball, which is also what I heard from scouts.

Nice observations and I agree; command of curveball was off.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues