Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Does John Stockstill get fired?

Does John Stockstill get fired?

PostPost #1 by Rising O's » July 5th, 2012, 8:58 am

I'm not seeing the improvement the organization needed. He's been here long enough to have made a difference and his difference looks to be negative. DD went through a purging of the scouting department late last year, will he finish the job? Any whispers to talk about?
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Does John Stockstill get fired?

PostPost #2 by CSPitt17130 » July 5th, 2012, 9:03 am

Duquette wasn't allowed to purge everyone. Those restrictions were what made Tony LaCava turn down Angelos's offer for the GM job. The Stockstill brothers may be that restriction.
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » July 5th, 2012, 11:05 am

Unless you work within the org, you wouldn't know this answer.
Even if you did work with the org, you probably wouldn't know it.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by Ampontan » July 7th, 2012, 1:18 am

From what little we can determine, Dave seemed to have been more of a problem than John, and AM finally got him shuttled into a position in international scouting. Even still, with the additions of Ferreira and Pointevit over the offseason, he's been marginalized further, although DD got creative with coming up with titles for the latter two.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » July 13th, 2012, 6:38 am

I think Stockstill is just a harmless pawn right now. DD is the man running the show and trust me from his days here in Boston he will micro-manage the Orioles from top to bottom 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » July 13th, 2012, 9:38 am

Between the recurring injury problems and lack of overall growth there still appear to be disconnect issues in player development. The shake-up in the scouting system was long overdue and welcome by us suffering fans. As far as I can tell that shake-up never impacted player development. I know he had limited time to enact his changes for 2012 so Dave should be given a pass but something has to be done this off-season, if not starting sooner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that in September we start seeing a major overhaul begin.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Ampontan » July 13th, 2012, 11:16 am

Rising O's wrote: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that in September we start seeing a major overhaul begin.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it starts happening in late October, when the playoffs are over. :mrgreen:
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #8 by ofahn » July 13th, 2012, 11:23 am

Ampontan wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed it starts happening in late October, when the playoffs are over. :mrgreen:

I commend your optimism but, if Kate Upton asks you to spend a week with her on the beach in St. Johns around Columbus Day, I wouldn't tell her you'll get back to her in late September.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Minor Leagues