Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Joe Mahoney

Joe Mahoney

PostPost #1 by Shorebirdfan » July 7th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Very excited to see Mahoney make his debut tonight for the O's. Could he be the 1B of the future for the team? I've seen a big transformation in this kid since the first season he came to Delmarva. Lost a ton of weight, transformed himself into a more mobile agile player.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: Joe Mahoney

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » July 7th, 2012, 9:17 pm

No idea he was starting tonight so it gives me another reason to watch. Really happy to see him get his taste. We need these guys to show a little something, give us hope they can at least be role players.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » July 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Needs to hit for more power. As cliche as that sounds, he has not really transformed himself into the type of 1B you need to compete in the AL East.

I like Mahoney, just think he needs more progression to truly be considered a piece to the big puzzle.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by osforlife » July 8th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I think you just work on Davis' defense and call him the first basemen of the future. How were Joe Mahoney's at-bats last night? I saw the first one and was pretty impressed but how did the second and third ones go?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #5 by ofahn » July 8th, 2012, 12:47 pm

osforlife wrote:I think you just work on Davis' defense

I wish it was that simple. Davis has to WANT to invest the time and effort to become a better defender. He's certainly enough of an athlete to make a big improvement. What he does with his off season will show how much he wants to.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by osforlife » July 8th, 2012, 1:01 pm

ofahn wrote:
osforlife wrote:I think you just work on Davis' defense

I wish it was that simple. Davis has to WANT to invest the time and effort to become a better defender. He's certainly enough of an athlete to make a big improvement. What he does with his off season will show how much he wants to.

I was listening to Mike Bordick and F.P. during a Nationals/Orioles broadcast and they said they always thought you were either a good hitter or you weren't. But you could become a good defender. If Davis' works on it over the winter, I would take a league average first basemen.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Return to Minor Leagues