Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Bobby Bundy

Bobby Bundy

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » July 1st, 2012, 8:49 am

Yikes!! 2-9 .. what is going on with Bobby Bundy this season??? Thought he was our top pitching prospect after last season. What did I miss???? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Bobby Bundy

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » July 2nd, 2012, 8:16 am

Bobby is looking more like he'll reach his floor as a middle inning reliever than his ceiling of a #4 starter. Its a shame we can't get more guys to hit their ceilings.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by osforlife » July 2nd, 2012, 3:07 pm

His ERA is 4.79 but his FIP is 4.19 which indicates he could be pitching better than the results are showing. Win-Loss Record is a horrible statistic to judge a pitcher. He isn't having a horrible year but I probably wouldn't bump him up to Norfolk if that was his final line. Maybe another year at Bowie would be good for him. He's only 22 so it is not like he is old for AA.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #4 by ofahn » July 2nd, 2012, 8:11 pm

osforlife wrote:His ERA is 4.79 but his FIP is 4.19 which indicates he could be pitching better than the results are showing. Win-Loss Record is a horrible statistic to judge a pitcher. He isn't having a horrible year but I probably wouldn't bump him up to Norfolk if that was his final line. Maybe another year at Bowie would be good for him. He's only 22 so it is not like he is old for AA.

The defense in our system is HORRIBLE! It's a crisis that will need to be dealt with aggressively next Spring and is probably skewing the evaluations of all of our pitching prospects.

That being said, Bundy has hit a wall at AA which is not unusual as it's the hardest step up in the minors. As bad as this season has been for him it's actually an improvement over his short stint at AA last year.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by Shorebirdfan » July 2nd, 2012, 11:30 pm

osforlife wrote:His ERA is 4.79 but his FIP is 4.19 which indicates he could be pitching better than the results are showing. Win-Loss Record is a horrible statistic to judge a pitcher. He isn't having a horrible year but I probably wouldn't bump him up to Norfolk if that was his final line. Maybe another year at Bowie would be good for him. He's only 22 so it is not like he is old for AA.

W-L record is even worse to judge in the minors.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #6 by Shorebirdfan » July 4th, 2012, 7:19 am

Ouch 8H, 10R in .2IP last night. I get AA being tough but something is not right here. Bobby is a better pitcher than this.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #7 by Rising O's » July 4th, 2012, 10:16 am

That kind of line should bring up red flags that something is wrong.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Minor Leagues