Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Brandon Erbe

Brandon Erbe

PostPost #1 by legmason » May 23rd, 2012, 10:41 pm

I noticed Erbe is back at Frederick. What kind of stuff does he have at this point of his career? Assuming he's just organizational depth or a possible future bullpen arm at best but was curious. anybody know?
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Re: Brandon Erbe

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » May 24th, 2012, 12:20 am

Probably nothing more than org depth or bullpen arm. He just couldn't stay healthy and has really fallen far from his once decent prospect status. Maybe he can salvage his career with a good year or two strung together.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » June 26th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Last I read he was sitting on 95 mph and was pitching well. Hoping it continues and he enjoys a good career. The kid has been through a lot 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » June 26th, 2012, 12:49 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Last I read he was sitting on 95 mph and was pitching well. Hoping it continues and he enjoys a good career. The kid has been through a lot 8-)

His numbers are pretty good right now.
I haven't seen him at all this year though, so I can't say much on his progression
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #5 by Rising O's » June 27th, 2012, 12:08 am

I find it depressing knowing how many arms the Orioles have destroyed.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #6 by ofahn » June 27th, 2012, 8:29 am

Rising O's wrote:I find it depressing knowing how many arms the Orioles have destroyed.

I see Erbe as more of a mismanagement than causing harm.

He came into the system out of HS as a young flame thrower with HORRIBLE mechanics. No one in the system thought it was important enough to adjust his mechanics so that his shoulder wouldn't self destruct. Seven years later after three operations they have FINALLY decided to tweek his mechanics a bit.

Who knows what he could have been if we would have spent a season when he first signed showing him how he could the same results without shredding his shoulder. What a waste.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #7 by chirping birds » July 3rd, 2012, 9:52 am

I was listening to the Frederick game last night..and I think Erbe may be hurt. He was throwing in the low 80s and it sounded like he was trying to guide the ball over the plate to no avail. He gave up 4 ER on 5 BB without recording an out. My question is why it took them so long to realize something was up and actually take him out.
chirping birds
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #8 by Tucker Blair » July 3rd, 2012, 11:19 am

chirping birds wrote:I was listening to the Frederick game last night..and I think Erbe may be hurt. He was throwing in the low 80s and it sounded like he was trying to guide the ball over the plate to no avail. He gave up 4 ER on 5 BB without recording an out. My question is why it took them so long to realize something was up and actually take him out.

I think at this point he is just filler.
They already either ruined him or he did not pan out as planned. Whatever choice you want to use there.
He's been passed by so many arms at this point.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #9 by Matt P » July 3rd, 2012, 8:14 pm

He has been placed on the DL and may be out for the rest of the season. It truly is a shame.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewsk ... ks-dl.html
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Minor Leagues