Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Nick Johnson MRI negative; what happens when he's back?

Nick Johnson MRI negative; what happens when he's back?

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 29th, 2012, 11:31 pm

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... ative.html

Nick Johnson received some good news regarding the MRI taken on his right wrist this morning.

Johnson said the MRI didn't reveal any structural damage. No tears or broken bones. It only showed old scarring from his multiple surgeries.

Johnson, who had to leave Wednesday night's game after one at-bat and went on the disabled list yesterday afternoon, will wear a brace on the wrist for a week.

"Just some wear and tear from the past," he said after tonight's 9-8 victory over the Indians. "Nothing torn or any of that stuff, so that's a good sign.

"I'll keep this brace on for a week and take some pills and see how it is after a week. I'll see how it feels and go from there."

Let's say Xavier Avery continues to perform well. What happens when Nick Johnson is ready to come off the disabled list?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Nick Johnson MRI negative; what happens when he's back?

PostPost #2 by ofahn » June 29th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/06/nick-johnson-mri-comes-back-negative.html

Nick Johnson received some good news regarding the MRI taken on his right wrist this morning.

Johnson said the MRI didn't reveal any structural damage. No tears or broken bones. It only showed old scarring from his multiple surgeries.

Johnson, who had to leave Wednesday night's game after one at-bat and went on the disabled list yesterday afternoon, will wear a brace on the wrist for a week.

"Just some wear and tear from the past," he said after tonight's 9-8 victory over the Indians. "Nothing torn or any of that stuff, so that's a good sign.

"I'll keep this brace on for a week and take some pills and see how it is after a week. I'll see how it feels and go from there."

Let's say Xavier Avery continues to perform well. What happens when Nick Johnson is ready to come off the disabled list?

I think that Avery has ,earned his lesson. He moved a runner up in the 1st by going the other way and hit a HR in the eighth by doing the same thing. I'm sure someone in the dugout pointed out that he has enough power that he doesn't have to try to pull everything.

If Avery's bat is productive he stays. Hopefully, by that time we will have used Reynolds roster spot for Jim Thome. And, before certain fans' heads explode, he won't cost us a prospect. The Phillies will allow him to go out of respect for his career.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by DougDE » July 1st, 2012, 4:55 pm

ofahn wrote:
Jordan Tuwiner wrote:http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/06/nick-johnson-mri-comes-back-negative.html

I think that Avery has ,earned his lesson. He moved a runner up in the 1st by going the other way and hit a HR in the eighth by doing the same thing. I'm sure someone in the dugout pointed out that he has enough power that he doesn't have to try to pull everything.

If Avery's bat is productive he stays. Hopefully, by that time we will have used Reynolds roster spot for Jim Thome. And, before certain fans' heads explode, he won't cost us a prospect. The Phillies will allow him to go out of respect for his career.

Or he'll cost 2
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by osforlife » July 2nd, 2012, 3:12 pm

Looks like Nick Johnson's useless roster spot has been taken by another aging veteran.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #5 by ofahn » July 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm

DougDE wrote:Or he'll cost 2

I don't understand why we gave up those two guys. The FO may have decided that neither of them we're going to be legitimate major league pitchers, but I wonder if, at the end, we were bidding against ourselves.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by ofahn » July 2nd, 2012, 8:07 pm

osforlife wrote:Looks like Nick Johnson's useless roster spot has been taken by another aging veteran.

My biggest disappointment from that trade was that we didn't use Mark Reynolds spot for Thome. What are they going to do with Reynolds now? Put him back at 3B? PALEEESSSEE!
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 2nd, 2012, 11:27 pm

ofahn wrote:
DougDE wrote:Or he'll cost 2

I don't understand why we gave up those two guys. The FO may have decided that neither of them we're going to be legitimate major league pitchers, but I wonder if, at the end, we were bidding against ourselves.

I don't even understand why they felt so much pressure to make this move now. I am fine with Thome, I just feel as if there was little demand for him on the market. The O's could have waited it out a bit and gotten a lower price, maybe.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Baltimore Orioles