Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Roderick Bernadina

Roderick Bernadina

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » June 26th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Little report I wrote on Bernadina.
http://www.entreprenoriole.com/2012/06/ ... adina.html
Had some tough goings so far, but I've seen a few things that are impressive as well.

Certainly one to watch going forward.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Roderick Bernadina

PostPost #2 by Don » June 26th, 2012, 12:44 pm

I know you asked me earlier...he needs to calm down in the box and be a bit less aggressive in his approach. I want to see if he is better balanced and do the right things it takes to improve contact, as he was raw in the past.

He has the bat speed and fast twitch actions to be a player; it will be a interesting litmus test for the new regime's player development program and a player to watch as he progresses up the professional ladder.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » June 26th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Don wrote:I know you asked me earlier...he needs to calm down in the box and be a bit less aggressive in his approach. I want to see if he is better balanced and do the right things it takes to improve contact, as he was raw in the past.

He has the bat speed and fast twitch actions to be a player; it will be a interesting litmus test for the new regime's player development program and a player to watch as he progresses up the professional ladder.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He is the perfect "example" to show a change in this developmental teams' work.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #4 by wingman12333 » June 30th, 2012, 6:53 pm

I was able to watch Bernadina while he was on the GCL team, and was very impressed with his outfield arm. I probably just saw him on a bad day when he was struggling at the plate.
wingman12333
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 30th, 2012, 6:57 pm

wingman12333 wrote:I was able to watch Bernadina while he was on the GCL team, and was very impressed with his outfield arm. I probably just saw him on a bad day when he was struggling at the plate.

He's inconsistent at the plate. Definitely has a very strong arm. Very good defensively.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #6 by Tucker Blair » July 1st, 2012, 8:54 pm

3-4 today with 3 hard hit line drives.
VERY impressed today.
Was easily the best player on the field, and that's with Esquivel mowing down 8 batters thru 5.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Return to Minor Leagues