Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's - Yankees 9/8/10

O's - Yankees 9/8/10

PostPost #1 by GeorgeD4 » September 8th, 2010, 6:31 pm

These are the types of games that would keep you up all night if the Orioles were in the race or the Yankees didn't have a playoff berth all but secured.
GeorgeD4
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Birds - Yankees Sept. 8

PostPost #2 by BuckMagic » September 9th, 2010, 12:12 am

I guess those things are bound to happen...I still like Koji as our closer.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by 2131andBeyond » September 9th, 2010, 1:26 am

BuckMagic wrote:I guess those things are bound to happen...I still like Koji as our closer.

As Wieters said:

"Koji is fine. That’s always going to happen as a closer. You’re not going to close every game. Even their guy, probably the best in the game, doesn’t get every save that he goes out there for. He got behind 2-0 and Swisher was looking heater and he got it and was able to put a good swing on it. That’s tough to do. Not too many guys square up Koji’s heater that often. You have to tip your hat to him."

We'll have to see how he does next save opportunity. Though I am still an advocate for letting Gonzo close in September so that he is back into closing vs. the AL East for next season.
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by 2131andBeyond » September 9th, 2010, 1:27 am

GeorgeD4 wrote:These are the types of games that would keep you up all night if the Orioles were in the race or the Yankees didn't have a playoff berth all but secured.

Indeed they are. Yet without the race, it still gets to me. You know the O's are getting better when fans are not satisfied with a series win in the Bronx.
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Return to Game Threads