Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 83: Yankees @ Orioles 6/30/2013

Game 83: Yankees @ Orioles 6/30/2013

PostPost #1 by ofahn » June 30th, 2013, 7:12 am

NYY: Kuroda (7-5, 2.77)
BAL: Tillman (9-2, 3.72)

Getting out first three game sweep of the year against the Yankees would be SWEET.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Game 83: Yankees @ Orioles 6/30/2013

PostPost #2 by osforlife » July 1st, 2013, 7:23 pm

Chris Tillman has really been an blessing this year. He has stayed healthy, and been solid all year. To a terribly shaky pitching staff, Tillman has brought some dang stability to the Orioles. Okay, so he doesn't have the best pitch efficiency. I'm pretty sure he has always been known for his not-so-great command, as last year was his BB/9 was much lower than every other year. But, he has only gone less than six innings just once in his last six starts. No, he is not an ace, nor will he likely become one. However, there is something to be said towards starting pitchers who go 185 innings with an ERA around 3.7.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: Game 83: Yankees @ Orioles 6/30/2013

PostPost #3 by ofahn » July 1st, 2013, 7:28 pm

osforlife wrote:Chris Tillman has really been an blessing this year. He has stayed healthy, and been solid all year. To a terribly shaky pitching staff, Tillman has brought some dang stability to the Orioles. Okay, so he doesn't have the best pitch efficiency. I'm pretty sure he has always been known for his not-so-great command, as last year was his BB/9 was much lower than every other year. But, he has only gone less than six innings just once in his last six starts. No, he is not an ace, nor will he likely become one. However, there is something to be said towards starting pitchers who go 185 innings with an ERA around 3.7.

Maybe I should just accept Tillman for what he is, but all of that wasted talent aggravates the HECK out of me.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Game Threads