Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 131: Orioles @ Yankees - 8/31/2012

Game 131: Orioles @ Yankees - 8/31/2012

PostPost #1 by ofahn » August 31st, 2012, 7:24 pm

If you're not watching this game you're missing a masterpiece of pitching by Miguel Gonzalez. After five innings in NY he's given up just ONE hit, struck out seven and NO walks in just 55 pitches.
Last edited by ofahn on August 31st, 2012, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Game 131: Orioles @ Yankees - 8/31/2012

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » August 31st, 2012, 7:28 pm

He's really been impressive tonight.

Not sure I really care what anyone thinks about Miguel Gonzalez' long term prospects. He's been really amazing and useful this year. It's been a great find for the Orioles.

Hopefully he can finish this game out on a good note.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by ofahn » August 31st, 2012, 8:54 pm

I thought Kuroda was going to be the tough game. Is anyone else smelling the possibility of a sweep?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by legmason » September 1st, 2012, 8:44 am

ofahn wrote:I thought Kuroda was going to be the tough game. Is anyone else smelling the possibility of a sweep?

Absolutely. He's the best pitcher we'll see in this series and I think that's entirely possible. I don't know why the Yankees get all of this credit from the national media and are thought of as the best in the division. Even going into this year I thought they had one of the worst rotations in the east. After sabathia and kuroda what were they banking on? Pettite, Hughes and Nova? I also don't even like their lineup that much anymore. Tex has really regressed and outside of Granderson, Cano and Jeter there are a lot of holes.

I'm not saying the O's deserved more hype coming into spring training with the roster they put together but everyone just expects the Yankees to be this dominant team every year and guess what...they're getting older and they need a make over. I think it might be the most under discussed story in baseball. They have some monster contracts in Tex and Rodriguez that look really bad right now too.

The Yankees have been playing over their head all season and while they're by no means a bad team they aren't elite any longer. I can't believe I'm typing these words in September but the O's can catch them and if we don't the Rays certainly could too
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Return to Game Threads