Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Archie Bradley Scouting Report

Archie Bradley Scouting Report

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 4th, 2011, 10:24 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/2011/06/04/ar ... ng-report/

By: Don Olsen

Archie Bradley might not have the overall arsenal as some of the other pitchers in this draft, but not many rival the amount of potential that is in his right arm.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Archie Bradley Scouting Report

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » June 5th, 2011, 11:46 am

The Diamondbacks would do well to take Bundy and Bradley at 3 and 7. Two friends who have ace potential feeding off one another as they work their way through the minors. It beats a lot of other options I've seen for them in mock drafts.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by Don » June 5th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Diamondbacks are some short arm and deep pocket guys. It is not going to change. I fully expect them to shock the masses with one or both picks to curb down the over spending.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by allstar1579 » June 5th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Don wrote:Diamondbacks are some short arm and deep pocket guys. It is not going to change. I fully expect them to shock the masses with one or both picks to curb down the over spending.

I still feel like if they go Bundy at 3 they are looking slot at 7 (thinking that Bundy will get more than the college guys). Don't know why, just gut feeling, even though I've heard they'd spend on both and just go slot the rest of the draft to make up for it. They are the key to the top 10.
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by allstar1579 » June 6th, 2011, 9:49 am

So what do you think about all this late Archie to the O's talk Don?

I'm not a fan personally, and can almost make a Hobgood like comparison. (I had Hobby in the 15-20 range, I have Archie more like 10-12)
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #6 by Don » June 6th, 2011, 10:27 am

No comparison at all. Hobgood and Bradley have their own skillsets that make them completely different. Outside of an arm injury and Hobgood could be in Bowie. I like his makeup and I saw 96 mph out of his arm. The injury could derail it, but it was not a huge reach considering the moeny they spent to sign him.

I have Bradley graded a tick below James Tallion over the two years I have seen this kid pitch, and I simply have my gut telling me he has Josh Johnson future ability. I feel that he is one of three RHP HS pitchers worth the hype in this draft. Bundy, Bradley, and Beede are all worthy choices.

Bradley is a wise choice that high, if they plan to spend on other pick in the next couple of rounds. A 5-7 million bonus can be spread out over five years and it could leave the extra 7-8 million to go after 10 really good players later in the draft.

I gave Jordan my two cents about some guys worth the admission price in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I think the Orioles board is Cole, Bundy, Rendon, Hultzen, A. Bradley, Gray, Jungmann....
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to MLB Draft