Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Ray Lewis III part of Miami's signing class

Ray Lewis III part of Miami's signing class

PostPost #1 by steve » February 6th, 2013, 4:56 pm

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- For Ray Lewis III, going to Miami has been a safe assumption since the day he was born.
His father - the newly retired Baltimore Ravens star linebacker Ray Lewis - played for the Hurricanes. His mother is a Miami graduate as well. So when it came time for their son to pick a school, the decision was easy.

Lewis III was one of 10 players to send letters of intent back to Miami on Wednesday, joining a group of five more early enrollees in a class that the Hurricanes think can make an immediate impact. Other big additions for Miami included wide receiver Stacy Coley, linebacker Jermaine Grace, safety Jamal Carter, defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad and quarterback Kevin Olsen, the brother of another former Hurricane, NFL tight end Greg Olsen.
Lewis III sent his letter of intent in very early Wednesday, then with his father at his side, went through a ceremonial signing later in the day at his school, Lake Mary Prep near Orlando, Fla.

''I made a stand my junior year in college, the year he was born, that it was time for me to go to the league,'' said Ray Lewis, whose last game was the Super Bowl he helped the Ravens win this past Sunday. ''Now the year that he's walking into college I've made another stand that it's time for me to leave the league. Him being born has been a factor in entering the league and leaving the league.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ray-lewis- ... ncaaf.html

In four years hes gonna be a BALTIMORE RAVEN! Just like Cal Ripkens son is an ORIOLE!

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2 ... h-carolina
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Re: Ray Lewis III part of Miami's signing class

PostPost #2 by birdwatcher55 » February 11th, 2013, 1:48 pm

I wonder if Ray III has game?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Ray Lewis III part of Miami's signing class

PostPost #3 by Old Sneakers » February 22nd, 2013, 11:12 am

Miami isn't what it used to be as far as a football powerhouse. But my guess is Ray III turns out to at least be a fine college player. Any word on what he wants to study?
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Return to Baltimore Ravens