Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Are you glad Brian Billick isn't coaching anymore?

Are you glad Brian Billick isn't coaching anymore?

PostPost #1 by steve » January 28th, 2013, 12:29 am

Ever since Ozzie fired him Ravens have been going 5 straght post seasons without him. And Ravens finaly have a real QB something Billick wasnt capable of doing. Just like he let Derrick Anderson off the Ravens pratice squad and now hes on an NFL team not on the pratice squad. Ravens never had a very serious offensive attack ever since Harbaugh was hired.
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Re: Are you glad Brian Billick isnt coaching anymore?

PostPost #2 by birdwatcher55 » January 28th, 2013, 4:04 pm

I'd like to see him get another chance. He has a Super Bowl on his resume and few coaches can make that claim. I think Billick was the victim of the times. The Ravens were top heavy on defensive talent and had little on the offensive side of the ball during his tenure here. I think Oz also had a few swing and miss on offensive draft picks before he landed Flacco and Rice. Taking all that into consideration and the fact NFL is now more of an offensive game than it was say ten years ago, I would give Billick another shot with some real offensive talent. Don't forget: he did make it work well in Minnesota.. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Are you glad Brian Billick isnt coaching anymore?

PostPost #3 by steve » January 28th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Yeah,Billick should go to the NCAA first like coach at Maryland. If he can turn our Terps around like take them into the top 10. If he can take our Terps to the Orange Bowl then he deserves another shot. Like he should coach Miami Dolphins see if he can turn them into a winner.
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Return to Baltimore Ravens