Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What Would Your Hall Of Fame Ballot Be?

What Would Your Hall Of Fame Ballot Be?

PostPost #1 by osforlife » January 9th, 2014, 7:12 pm

1) Greg Maddux

2) Mike Mussina

3) Tom Glavine

4) Tim Raines

5) Frank Thomas

6) Curt Shilling

7) Mike Piazza

8) Jeff Bagwell

9) Edgar Martinez
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: What Would Your Hall Of Fame Ballot Be?

PostPost #2 by AlexConway » January 11th, 2014, 11:31 am

1. Greg Maddux
2. Glavine
3. Thomas
4. Biggio
5. Bonds
6. Clemens
7. Martinez
8. Raines
9. Bagwell
10. Piazza
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

PostPost #3 by osforlife » January 17th, 2014, 5:53 pm

AlexConway wrote:5. Bonds

Interesting. What's your justification?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by AlexConway » January 20th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Interesting. What's your justification?

I don't particularly care about the baggage. Baseball is a game mired in controversy. Babe Ruth didn't play against Black players, Gaylord Perry got in the hall of fame for being a notorious cheater, Dock Ellis pitched a perfect game while on LSD, Amphetamines were used--popularly--in baseball for literally decades, steroids have probably been around since the 1970s. The list goes on, saying this era of PEDs bars this generations players from the Hall of Fame is garbage in my mind.

For some context, I'm 23, I grew up watching Barry Bonds. I would stay up late to watch Bonds. I credit Barry Bonds with me falling in love with baseball. I was bummed when all the steroids stuff came out, but those memories didn't not happen.

For my money, Barry Bonds is the best baseball player I have ever watched and will ever watch. He was electric beyond all belief. If you wanna put something on the plaque, fine. But those games happened, they should be recognized.

Also, wouldn't it just be downright fascinating to watch Bonds give a speech at the hall in front of everyone. When he has to reflect on his career.

So yeah.

/end rant
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

PostPost #5 by osforlife » January 21st, 2014, 1:19 pm

AlexConway wrote:
I don't particularly care about the baggage. Baseball is a game mired in controversy. Babe Ruth didn't play against Black players, Gaylord Perry got in the hall of fame for being a notorious cheater, Dock Ellis pitched a perfect game while on LSD, Amphetamines were used--popularly--in baseball for literally decades, steroids have probably been around since the 1970s. The list goes on, saying this era of PEDs bars this generations players from the Hall of Fame is garbage in my mind.

For some context, I'm 23, I grew up watching Barry Bonds. I would stay up late to watch Bonds. I credit Barry Bonds with me falling in love with baseball. I was bummed when all the steroids stuff came out, but those memories didn't not happen.

For my money, Barry Bonds is the best baseball player I have ever watched and will ever watch. He was electric beyond all belief. If you wanna put something on the plaque, fine. But those games happened, they should be recognized.

Also, wouldn't it just be downright fascinating to watch Bonds give a speech at the hall in front of everyone. When he has to reflect on his career.

So yeah.

/end rant

There's no question he is one of the greatest hitters of all time. A .298/.444/.607 batting line is insane! He had 373 net steals too. From 2001 to 2004, he hit an astonishing .349/.559/.809. I don't really remember all that much about him(I'm 15). I never really got to watch him on TV, because he plays on the other side of the country. All I remember is that I was rooting for him to not break Hank Aaron's record because the steroid issue was revealed. He may get in to the Hall sooner or later.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Around the Majors