Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

5/8/12 Ticket

5/8/12 Ticket

PostPost #1 by osforlife » May 9th, 2012, 2:19 pm

I attended yesterday's game (May 8th, 2012), and watched every bit of Hamilton's four 2-run homeruns all coming with Elvis Andrus on first base. Before the game, Josh was standing near in between where the ball girl would sit and the left field flag pole taking pictures with Rangers fans(surprisingly, there were a lot of them). Make no joke, he was surrounded, but if I waited for a while, I could have gotten his signature on the ticket. I’am not a collectible guy, but I was wondering how much if could have been worth if I did get it, considering only approximately 50 or so people have Josh Hamilton's autograph from that night.

P.S. Is there any way I could mail the ticket to Hamilton and get him to sign it?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Re: 5/8/12 Ticket

PostPost #2 by DougDE » May 9th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Dont know what it's worth but when I was a kid we used to mail baseball cards to players and get them back signed. We would look up the stadium address and mail it c/o the player and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Didnt work every time but more often then not it did
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by osforlife » May 11th, 2012, 9:25 pm

DougDE wrote:Dont know what it's worth but when I was a kid we used to mail baseball cards to players and get them back signed. We would look up the stadium address and mail it c/o the player and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Didnt work every time but more often then not it did

Thanks! I'll try that.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #4 by DougDE » May 12th, 2012, 4:39 am

No problem. By the way we also included a little hand written note thanking them. We thought makin it a little more personal gave us a better chance
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Bleachers