Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Anyone play fantasy football?

Anyone play fantasy football?

PostPost #1 by Matt P » August 9th, 2012, 12:36 am

What strategy will you be implying this year? After last year's "Year of the QB" it seems everyone is either taking a QB early or waiting for a Rivers/Cutler/Ryan type QB late.

I'm in 2 leagues and I think I'm leaning towards taking a QB late while I stack RB's early. In one of my leagues I co-own a team with my dad and he seems to really want to take Brees, Newton, or Stafford with the 6th pick in the 1st round so I might let him to make him happy and just use my wait on a QB strategy in my other league.

Who do you guys think are sleepers this year? I love Cutler and Palmer at QB this year as well as Pettigrew at TE. I will be looking to get one of Cutler or Palmer as my backup QB and if I don't get one of the top 3 TE's I'll try and get Pettigrew as my starter. Last year I hit it big on Jimmy Graham and Matthew Stafford as my sleepers even though everyone had Jimmy Graham as their sleeper.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Anyone play fantasy football?

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 11:44 am

I think Cody Fleener is going to be a late round steal at TE. He already has a connection with Andrew Luck and he's pretty talented as well.

I tend to agree with your strategy actually. Not to mention RB fall off a cliff this year and it's really volatile with some teams.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Anyone play fantasy football?

PostPost #3 by Matt P » August 9th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Some WR sleepers I like are Brandon Marshall, Brandon Lloyd, and Chad Johnson. Brandon Marshall is currently being ranked as #10-#15 WR, he could easily be a top 3 WR this year with Cutler throwing to him again. Lloyd has done great with McDaniels and that was with Orton, Bradford, and the Rams backups throwing to him. Now he has Tom Brady who the last time he had a deep threat and had McDaniels as his coordinator threw for 50 TD's. Chad Johnson on the Dolphins is a perfect fit for him as they are going to be looking to nonstop push the tempo on offense and he will be there #1 receiver. I wouldn't take him as one of my starters like I would with Marshall and Lloyd but a 10th round or so pick on him could pay off huge.

I agree with you on Fleener, I don't know why he isn't ranked higher due to playing with Luck in college.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Bleachers