Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Realignment based on Geography

Realignment based on Geography

PostPost #1 by DougDE » April 9th, 2014, 8:09 pm

On the O's broadcast tonight they were discussing the topic of baseball realigning based on geography. I really like this idea. I'd love to see the O's in a division with Philadelphia and Washington. Maybe even Pittsburgh. Probably wouldnt end up with all three but just one or two would be fun. Washington would almost be a guarantee. I'd like to see the schedules a little more balanced tho. I can see playing your division opponents a little more then everyone else but 18-19 times a year is too much in my opinion
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Realignment based on Geography

PostPost #2 by ofahn » April 9th, 2014, 11:00 pm

I could see us in the same division as NY, Boston, Washington, and Philadelphia.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by osforlife » April 14th, 2014, 4:55 pm

I'm in favor of the division realignment. Doug. It just makes more sense to play in the same division as the teams closest to you. I'm not really sure why the divisions aren't organized like that in the first place. Although, I think playing those teams that are closest to you less kind of defeats the purpose of reorganizing them.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #4 by DougDE » April 16th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Yeah I guess I don't mean playing every team exactly the same amount but I just think 3 times as much as other AL teams is too much. Maybe just double on average
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Bleachers