Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Terps' Basketball

Re: Terps' Basketball

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » December 12th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Len and Gary Williams to the Wiz next year??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #17 by birdwatcher55 » December 13th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Ugly win last night. Too many turnovers!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » January 7th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Nice win to open the ACC season on Saturday. The freshmen are really impressive!!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by birdwatcher55 » January 8th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Terps host Florida State Wednesday night. Go Terps!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #20 by steve » January 24th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Much improved team. Im glad they fired Gary Williams
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #21 by birdwatcher55 » January 27th, 2013, 9:07 am

I too am happy GW is gone but honestly he left a mess that Turgeon is going to need two more years to clean up. If you watch the Duke game yesterday, they are light years ahead of this bunch of misfits and maybes. Maryland is a disjointed program right now and needs a couple of solid recruiting classes not to mention quality shooters to turn things around. In college basketball it's all about guard play and Maryland is horrific right now at both the point and off guard 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by dan72 » January 31st, 2013, 10:02 am

Another game that got away from them last night. They are clearly the better team versus FSU. Had the lead the entire game and let it get away with a last second three. Shame on them for missing free throws, and not putting this game away when they had the chance. That's the third game this year that I have watched where they let a win slip away.
Clearly this is a young team. They commit way to many turn overs. I just hope that Len doesn't think he is NBA ready. He needs one more year at least. Gotta have better point gaurd play in order to compete.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #23 by birdwatcher55 » January 31st, 2013, 12:30 pm

Totally agree on all points Dan. Turnovers have been a problem all year even in the cupcake games. Right now, this is a bad NIT team. Going forward, Turgeon needs to get shooters (not to mention a quality point guard) in here next year. This team still can't hit the bottom of the ocean if it tried. My other issue is the lack of defense. We really got schooled Saturday at Duke and last night we had no idea where the shooter was for the game winner. YOU have a seven-foot center back on defense. You don't need four/five guys protecting the rim for the last shot. As for Len, no question, he's not NBA ready. He has no inside game and to be honest with you I question his toughness. If ever a kid needs Pete Newell's Big Man's Camp or a reasonable facsimilie, it's Len. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #24 by birdwatcher55 » February 11th, 2013, 1:42 pm

I have one word to sum up Alex Len and MD basketball right now: HORRIBLE!!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by birdwatcher55 » February 15th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Anybody see any hope against Duke tomorrow night???? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by dan72 » February 17th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Duke was primed for that upset. This is not a stellar Duke team this year. Terps should have won by a dozen or more had they not turned the ball over so much. Guard play is going to hurt them should they make the post season. Right now they are listed as 1 of the first 4 teams out. They still have to accumulate more Wins down the stretch.........
They are beasts on the boards though!!!!
dan72
GCL Orioles

PostPost #27 by birdwatcher55 » February 21st, 2013, 1:43 pm

Dan I think if Kelly gets back into the lineup Duke is a definite Final Four threat. Just my two cents there. As for the Terps, this a very young and very erratic team right now with no semblence of point guard play, a 7-1 foot center who is very inconsistent, and no real outside shoothing threats expect for one player. That said, at last look MD was 67th in the RPI standings with two key games left against NC and Virginia. A win in either one could tip the scales providing they beat Clemson, Wake and GTech, which is a big IF right now with all their issues 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by steve » March 2nd, 2013, 2:17 pm

Wow did anybody catch that MD vs Wake Forrest game? Terps piled with foul trouble still managed to hang on! Its not gonna be easy when UNC comes to college park. They really need to beat UNC in order to make the NCAA tourny.
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #29 by birdwatcher55 » March 3rd, 2013, 6:27 pm

Yes Steve watched the whole thing ugly ,,,,some thoughts.....wells is the clear team leader..nobody is close...when he leavens the floor the terps struggle....I,ve seen enough of len...hope he goes pro...need to see more of shaq....Allen is totally out of control...I would give Howard more minutes...where is layman..he has disappeared from this offense!!!...must beat unc or va and then get two tourney wins....I think 23 gets us in...
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #30 by dan72 » March 7th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Last nights loss to the Heels helped punch their ticket to the NIT. The Terps had a clear size advantage and they did not exploit it. Instead they threw up ill advised threes all night and they could not connect. With 2 minutes left before half time the Terps had the game in hand in they failed to play defense and they turned the ball over. The Terps also did not dominate the boards which is something they have done most of the season.
Len is not ready for the NBA, I can't beleive all the talk about him as a lottery pick. I predict him as a D league player and then a future over sees......Note to Len,get in the gym, work on your handle, and STAY IN SCHOOL........
dan72
GCL Orioles

PreviousNext

Return to Bleachers