Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

LJ Hoes

LJ Hoes

PostPost #1 by Zach » June 2nd, 2012, 6:23 pm

I saw that he was in the Tides' lineup today and was wondering when he got called up. Is this just a replacement call up because someone got hurt or was he rewarded for his fast start this season?
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: LJ Hoes

PostPost #2 by legmason » June 2nd, 2012, 7:45 pm

It may sound weird but I think he might just be there to stay. The word is the O's think a lot of him at this point even if his numbers at Bowie weren't dominating. It's possible we could see him in an O's uniform by the end of the year. I personally think it's a little soon but I haven't seen him play yet even and I'm far from an expert.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » June 4th, 2012, 12:21 pm

I like Hoes a lot. I doubt they called him up there just to move him back to AA in the future. The injuries made it a little faster than they probably wanted, although I would argue AA and AAA aren't that different talent wise. It's just better prospects in AA compared to "AAAA' type guys who have seen the show in AAA.

The only thing I don't understand is why have him play CF for close to 50 games, to then have him move out of it once at AAA. Avery and Hoes obviously can't play there at the same time, but they easily could have kept him there at Bowie. Unless they didn't like what they saw (I only saw him play CF once, so I can't really make a valid opinion on it)
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by j.q. higgins » June 26th, 2012, 7:17 am

w/ his hot streak, hoes now has an ops at norfolk that about matches his ops at bowie this year. anyone see him at norfolk yet?
j.q. higgins
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #5 by Rising O's » June 26th, 2012, 10:29 am

That's some 9 game streak. 0 Ks. 6 multi hit games, including two 3 hit ones. If he continues to hit well enough, the OBP could make him a good semi-regular.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #6 by Tucker Blair » June 26th, 2012, 10:59 am

Rising O's wrote:That's some 9 game streak. 0 Ks. 6 multi hit games, including two 3 hit ones. If he continues to hit well enough, the OBP could make him a good semi-regular.

He's looked good. (I've watch about 4 of the games of MiLB.tv)

A lot of sharp grounders through the infield holes. Not hitting the ball too much in the air (a good thing, more line drives).
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues