Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chris Tillman

Chris Tillman

PostPost #1 by Matt P » June 1st, 2012, 1:08 am

8ip 1h 0r 9k 1bb tonight for Norfolk. 11 ground ball outs against only 2 fly ball outs.

Everytime I have read or listened to anything from Rick Peterson he always seemed to bring up Tillman. He said he is going to make an impact this year in Baltimore and it's pretty obvious that he has taken a liking to him and made him his top guy to work with. I know he struggled early in the year but a lot of reports were that he was working on things and that while the box score wasn't good he looked much better than he did last few years.

I know it's only one start but starts like this are why I still haven't given up on him. A few more starts like this and Arrieta better watch out.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Chris Tillman

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » June 1st, 2012, 10:26 am

He is the biggest enigma in the system (Parker Bridwell is slowly catching up!).

I would like him to string a few dominant starts together though. Very very encouraging to see this (Against a not too shabby Pawtucket team!)
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by dan72 » June 1st, 2012, 11:38 am

remember the no hitter he threw? was it last year or the year before.... When he is on he is very good. I feel like good coaching could get him over the hurdle of being a AAAA player.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by Matt P » June 6th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Another strong performance for Tillman tonight.

6.2ip 1h 2er 1bb 7k
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » June 6th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Matt P wrote:Another strong performance for Tillman tonight.

6.2ip 1h 2er 1bb 7k

There is two starts in a row.
Only nitpick anyone could say from this start is the pitch count was 107 when pulled.
One of the runs was let in by Willie Eyre (the runner was only at first...), whom has been pretty awful this year.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #6 by Matt P » June 7th, 2012, 12:00 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
Matt P wrote:Another strong performance for Tillman tonight.

6.2ip 1h 2er 1bb 7k

There is two starts in a row.
Only nitpick anyone could say from this start is the pitch count was 107 when pulled.
One of the runs was let in by Willie Eyre (the runner was only at first...), whom has been pretty awful this year.

He was alright in the start before these two as well. 6ip 2er 5h 3bb 6k. Not as good as the last two but still was a quality start.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by Matt P » June 12th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Not a great start last night but from what I gather it was raining hard.

5ip 4er 7h 1bb 4k 85 pitches.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by Tucker Blair » June 12th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Matt P wrote:Not a great start last night but from what I gather it was raining hard.

5ip 4er 7h 1bb 4k 85 pitches.

Yea it was apparently terrible weather up in Buffalo. I'll give him a break. Can't think of more things harder in sports than pitching in the rain.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #9 by birdwatcher55 » June 13th, 2012, 2:52 pm

I understand Peterson has really had a major impact on him. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #10 by Matt P » June 17th, 2012, 5:55 pm

6ip 1er 3hits 2bb 8k today for Norfolk.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by Rising O's » June 17th, 2012, 8:51 pm

The question is, what has changed? Has he learned a new pitch that induces more swings and misses? Finally improved the command so that he now a pitcher and not a thrower?
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #12 by Matt P » June 17th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Rising O's wrote:The question is, what has changed? Has he learned a new pitch that induces more swings and misses? Finally improved the command so that he now a pitcher and not a thrower?

From what I gather they found some things wrong in his delivery when they did the biomechanical analysis tests on him.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by Tucker Blair » June 17th, 2012, 10:49 pm

i still don't know whether he has truly fixed himself or what. nobody ever talks about him progressing from a mechanics standpoint honestly. And nobody really watches Tides games' because they are so far away (At least the people I talk to).

Would really love to hear from someone whom has watched all his starts this season. The numbers have been good, but has he truly changed?

I am so close to buying Milb.tv just to see him pitch
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #14 by Matt P » June 18th, 2012, 11:30 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:i still don't know whether he has truly fixed himself or what. nobody ever talks about him progressing from a mechanics standpoint honestly. And nobody really watches Tides games' because they are so far away (At least the people I talk to).

Would really love to hear from someone whom has watched all his starts this season. The numbers have been good, but has he truly changed?

I am so close to buying Milb.tv just to see him pitch

Look at the Chris Tillman tonight thread over at OH minor league forum. The posters over there watch the games and post about him. He looks better than he has in the past.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by ofahn » June 18th, 2012, 11:52 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:i still don't know whether he has truly fixed himself

It's apparent that he has made SOME progress but what concerns me is that he still isn't getting into the eight inning with consistency. If he's a MLB starting pitcher then he should be able to do that in AAA.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Next

Return to Minor Leagues