Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Should it bother me that Esposito is hitting .235 at Delmarva?

Should it bother me that Esposito is hitting .235 at Delmarva?

PostPost #1 by docjj » May 31st, 2012, 8:11 pm

I mean, he was a highly regarded 2nd round pick. Some people thought there were questions at the plate, but .235 in low A-ball? Granted, it's his first year, but I thought he'd hit better than that.
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Should it bother me that Esposito is hitting .235 at Delmarva?

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » May 31st, 2012, 8:20 pm

docjj wrote:I mean, he was a highly regarded 2nd round pick. Some people thought there were questions at the plate, but .235 in low A-ball? Granted, it's his first year, but I thought he'd hit better than that.

It could but if you are looking for the glass half full side of it, how about the fact he was hitting .221 after April and has raised his average in May. He also struck out less, had more extra base hits and drove in more runs. Now none of the May numbers are impressive by any means, but maybe just maybe, he can continue to improve month over month and by seasons end he will look like the player we were hoping for.

P.S. - He hasn't excelled defensively either, and many of us in the stands comment regularly that we've never seen a 3B keep his uniform so clean night after night.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: Should it bother me that Esposito is hitting .235 at Delmarva?

PostPost #3 by OriolesRedskins28 » May 31st, 2012, 9:18 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:
docjj wrote:I

P.S. - He hasn't excelled defensively either, and many of us in the stands comment regularly that we've never seen a 3B keep his uniform so clean night after night.

That troubles me because the main reason he was drafted that high was because of his defensive prowess at third.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues