Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Updates for Hector Veloz?

Updates for Hector Veloz?

PostPost #1 by Don » September 23rd, 2010, 4:43 pm

This 16 year old dominican is off the radar, but at his age I came away extreamly impressed with his makeup in the latest cage work. I assume he played in Boca Chica this Summer and I wonder how he progressed this year.

Any news Jordan?
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Re: Updates for Hector Veloz?

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 23rd, 2010, 9:30 pm

Don wrote:This 16 year old dominican is off the radar, but at his age I came away extreamly impressed with his makeup in the latest cage work. I assume he played in Boca Chica this Summer and I wonder how he progressed this year.

Any news Jordan?

I have not heard anything about him. I'll talk to some of my guys and get back to you.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Updates for Hector Veloz?

PostPost #3 by Don » September 24th, 2010, 9:33 am

Steroid or not, the first tape I saw instantly thought Alexis Ramirez type body and frame, with an Bonillia style kick swing. I thought he needed to change that approach because it makes too much timing. Very few professional hitters can live with both contact and power trolling out a setup to his A-Frame.

The second tape was lights out and you look at his hands, his elbow level upon his A-Frame, this kid has the makings of a Superstar hitter. Of course, 16 could equal 19 and that changes your whole approach to this kid. I feel in two years of proper dieting, conditioning, and extream ooze of tools the Orioles may have found thier Adrian Beltre or Alexis Ramirez from the Dominican.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues