Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Release Chris George

Orioles Release Chris George

PostPost #1 by ofahn » April 24th, 2012, 5:06 pm

The Orioles' Triple-A affiliate announced that the organization released left-hander Chris George (Twitter link). George, a first rounder back in 1998, has started for Norfolk for the past two-plus seasons.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/04/m ... ester.html
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Orioles Release Chris George

PostPost #2 by bird's fan » April 24th, 2012, 8:12 pm

I hate to see the O's release the lefties. Development is a sore spot with me and the O's. This is an area where we lag far behind other organizations with our pitching staff. It will all come out in the wash and hopefully it won't be too late to correct the problem, Stockstill.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by ofahn » April 24th, 2012, 8:20 pm

bird's fan wrote:I hate to see the O's release the lefties. Development is a sore spot with me and the O's. This is an area where we lag far behind other organizations with our pitching staff. It will all come out in the wash and hopefully it won't be too late to correct the problem, Stockstill.

I wouldn't be too worried about this one. Chris George is 32. He may have been released to open a spot for Joel Piñeiro.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by osforlife » April 24th, 2012, 8:46 pm

ofahn wrote:
bird's fan wrote:I hate to see the O's release the lefties. Development is a sore spot with me and the O's. This is an area where we lag far behind other organizations with our pitching staff. It will all come out in the wash and hopefully it won't be too late to correct the problem, Stockstill.

I wouldn't be too worried about this one. Chris George is 32. He may have been released to open a spot for Joel Piñeiro.

That's what I was thinking.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Return to Minor Leagues