Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Waring and Townsend Hot starts

Waring and Townsend Hot starts

PostPost #1 by dan72 » April 24th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Tyler Townsend and Brandon Waring have both started off HOT. I haven't read much on them here. Waring is said to have tons of power and was once a top prospect in the Reds organization. Townsend like Waring has good pop. What I find most valuable is that these guys are corner infielders...... Which are positions we could upgrade. Hopefully Both of these young players figure into our future plans. Continued success could laqnd them in Norfolk. Any projections on when they could be MLB ready? ready to compete in 2013?

Any thoughts?
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Waring and Townsend Hot starts

PostPost #2 by wingman12333 » April 24th, 2012, 5:35 pm

I don't see Townsend becoming anything more than a DH since the guy can never stay healthy. The guy has the ability to become a really good player, but will he consistently get at bats in the minors?
wingman12333
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by ofahn » April 24th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Waring is a 26 year old playing at AA who strikes out about 30% of his ABs. I don't think you can call him a prospect anymore.

Townsend will be 24 in a few weeks, playing at AA, and finally starting to show some plate discipline. Until he can do that with consistency he will never be a legitimate ML prospect. He needs to have a dominate three months at Bowie and earn a promotion to AAA, where he also needs to be dominate, to have the FO consider him a possible answer at 1B.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by osforlife » April 24th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Aren't they both butchers in the field? I'd consider Townsend more of a prospect than Waring.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Minor Leagues