Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 11th, 2011, 4:36 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/blogs/minor-l ... oe-jordan/
The Phillies requested, and were granted, an interview with Orioles Scouting Director Joe Jordan for their open Player Development Director job, according to Dan Connolly.

Jordan’s contract expires in December.

Shows how respected Jordan is within the industry. Also helps show that the Orioles' problem is not bringing in talent, rather developing the talent.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #2 by ofahn » October 11th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Jordan wrote:Shows how respected Jordan is within the industry. Also helps show that the Orioles' problem is not bringing in talent, rather developing the talent.


I have felt for years that the problem was the draft budget and the development process. MONEY should not be allowed to cause Jordan to leave.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 11th, 2011, 9:50 pm

ofahn wrote:
Jordan wrote:Shows how respected Jordan is within the industry. Also helps show that the Orioles' problem is not bringing in talent, rather developing the talent.


I have felt for years that the problem was the draft budget and the development process. MONEY should not be allowed to cause Jordan to leave.

Can't even imagine the job Jordan would be able to do if he had more money.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #4 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 11th, 2011, 9:50 pm

On top of the Phillies, there are a number of other teams in pursuit of Joe Jordan's services, I have learned.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #5 by ofahn » October 11th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Jordan wrote:On top of the Phillies, there are a number of other teams in pursuit of Joe Jordan's services, I have learned.


Losing Jordan would mitigate the benefits of hiring a GM that understands the importance of player development.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » October 12th, 2011, 9:37 am

Keep Jordan, lose the Stockstills w/ a new aggressive GM. Win, win, win, win.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 984
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 10

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » October 12th, 2011, 9:53 am

Jordan officially took the job with the Phillies as director of player development.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #8 by ofahn » October 12th, 2011, 9:59 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Jordan officially took the job with the Phillies as director of player development.


@#%&*@&%$#@&%*#@^&*%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the man would have been given a legitimate budget to work with he might have stayed.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #9 by Tucker Blair » October 12th, 2011, 10:04 am

ofahn wrote:
TuckerBlair89 wrote:Jordan officially took the job with the Phillies as director of player development.


@#%&*@&%$#@&%*#@^&*%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the man would have been given a legitimate budget to work with he might have stayed.


Agree. Oh well, it sounds like he wanted a fresh start.
I wish him the best of luck.

Unfortunately, the Orioles now have to find a replacement for him too.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #10 by ofahn » October 12th, 2011, 10:09 am

Maybe he likes cheese steaks more than crab cakes.

This is NOT the way to start an off season of rebuilding.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #11 by A_K » October 12th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Until there's a change in ownership, caring about any of the personnel changes in the front office or atop the farm system is simply irrational.

Nihilism is the only rational position until Angelos doesn't own the team. Given the current constraints in place, it truly does not matter who is hired to fill any position whatsoever.

Good luck to Jordan. I envy his relationship with a real baseball organization. Here I am, stuck rooting for baseball's version of the Washington Generals.
A_K
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 608
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 43

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #12 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2011, 7:15 pm

ofahn wrote:Maybe he likes cheese steaks more than crab cakes.

This is NOT the way to start an off season of rebuilding.

Jordan is highly regarded by all other 29 teams. Definitely a loss for the O's.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #13 by Matt P » November 10th, 2011, 6:24 pm

I just wish I was a fly on the wall when they decided on Hobgood.

It seems like the plan that draft was to take Hobgood to save from a huge first round bonus and instead sign a bunch of overslot guys. So far it doesn't look like the idea has any chance of panning out.

I'm sure Jordan will do well in Philadelphia.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #14 by ofahn » November 10th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Matt P wrote:It seems like the plan that draft was to take Hobgood to save from a huge first round bonus and instead sign a bunch of overslot guys. So far it doesn't look like the idea has any chance of panning out.


I think you're right but to me the real sin was not investing another 1.5M or so and getting Mike Leake.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4375
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Phillies Interview Joe Jordan for Scouting Director Job

PostPost #15 by Matt P » November 10th, 2011, 7:29 pm

ofahn wrote:
Matt P wrote:It seems like the plan that draft was to take Hobgood to save from a huge first round bonus and instead sign a bunch of overslot guys. So far it doesn't look like the idea has any chance of panning out.


I think you're right but to me the real sin was not investing another 1.5M or so and getting Mike Leake.

I thought Leake signed for less than Hobgood?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37


Next

Return to Minor Leagues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest