Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Keith Law Ranks the Orioles system 10th in MLB

Keith Law Ranks the Orioles system 10th in MLB

PostPost #1 by AlexConway » January 28th, 2014, 11:03 am

I don't have ESPN Insider. But, according to reporters on Twitter, Keith Law has ranked the Orioles with the 10th best farm system in the major leagues. Furthermore, Law is ranking the top 5 Orioles prospects in his top 100. I would assume that is Gausman, Bundy, Rodrgiuez, Harvey, and Schoop once again. Here is the link for anyone with insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10354393/houston-astros-top-farm-system-rankings-mlb

Again, this is good news for the Orioles farm system. The positional talent definitely leaves you wanting, but the pitching is there and very formidable.
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

Re: Keith Law Ranks the Orioles system 10th in MLB

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » January 29th, 2014, 10:22 am

23 - Kevin Gausman
31 - Dylan Bundy
38 - Hunter Harvey
43 - Eduardo Rodriguez
86 - Jonathan Schoop

Law's rankings on his top 100
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by AlexConway » January 29th, 2014, 2:55 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:23 - Kevin Gausman
31 - Dylan Bundy
38 - Hunter Harvey
43 - Eduardo Rodriguez
86 - Jonathan Schoop

Law's rankings on his top 100

The highest rankings for Harvey and Rodriguez of any top 100 list yet. Also, 4 pitchers in the top 50.
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

PostPost #4 by AlexConway » January 30th, 2014, 7:23 pm

This is Law's ranking of the Orioles top 10 Prospects. Of note, Harvey above ERod and Marin on the list. Interesting Law has Marin over others.

1- Kevin Gausman
2- Dyaln Bundy
3- Hunter Harvey
4- Eduardo Rodriguez
5- Jonathan Schoop
6- Mike Wright
7- Chance Sisco
8- Josh Hart
9- Adrian Marin
10-Tim Berry
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » January 30th, 2014, 7:31 pm

I still think Marin is roughly in the same playing field as those guys at the back-end.

I know that BP ranks more on ceiling than anything, so Marin having only a 2nd division starter ceiling probably bumps him off for most.
I think Marin makes the majors, but his ceiling may not be as high like someone such as Sisco, Hart, etc.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #6 by AlexConway » January 30th, 2014, 7:48 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:I still think Marin is roughly in the same playing field as those guys at the back-end.

I know that BP ranks more on ceiling than anything, so Marin having only a 2nd division starter ceiling probably bumps him off for most.
I think Marin makes the majors, but his ceiling may not be as high like someone such as Sisco, Hart, etc.

I have read very positive things about Marin and he still is young. Simply unexpected in my mind I guess to make a top 10 list.
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

PostPost #7 by osforlife » January 30th, 2014, 7:57 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:I still think Marin is roughly in the same playing field as those guys at the back-end.

Adrian Marin- I profile him as a player similar to Donovan Solano, Jamey Carroll, Logan Forsthye, and/or Robert Andino, with the ceiling of Jose Altuve; A right-handed hitting, light-hitting, middle infielder who plays solid defense and displays above-average defense.

Josh Hart- I profile him as a player similar to Juan Pierre, Jarrod Dyson, and/or Julio Borbon, with the ceiling on Ben Revere; a left-handed hitting outfielder with no power who solely relies on speed/defense.

Chance Sisco- I profile him as a player similar to Hank Conger and/or Josh Thole(with more power), with the ceiling of Miguel Montero; a left-handed hitting catcher with good but not great power, and good plate discipline.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Minor Leagues