Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Tim Berry, Eduardo Rodriguez Named AFL "Fall Stars"

Tim Berry, Eduardo Rodriguez Named AFL "Fall Stars"

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » October 30th, 2013, 9:10 am

Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Tim Berry, Eduardo Rodriguez Named AFL "Fall Stars"

PostPost #2 by ofahn » October 30th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I'm not surprised by Berry, but I WAS surprised by Rodriguez. He hasn't been every effective in the limited number of innings he's pitched.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Old Sneakers » November 7th, 2013, 6:21 pm

I seem to remember Berry getting boo'd in Delmarva a few years ago because he was an over slot signing. It's not been an overnight success but it is good to see him moving up and doing well. I'm excited for him. I am hoping he gets bumped to Bowie next season and stays a starter. If he sticks as a starter it will greatly lessen the blow of dealing Josh Hader. These lefties do not grow on trees.

As for Rodriguez, he didn't light up the AFL. But that extra work might pay off as he was injured part of the season. Also the AFL being short it's not like he had a lot of time to see batters over and over. The AFL is a hitter's league to begin with and pitchers have to pitch. I wouldn't read too much into the stats.

Hopefully Rodriguez gets six to eight weeks in Bowie prior to getting bumped up to Norfolk next season. I know people want him in Baltimore next year but it's unlikely to happen prior to expanded rosters. The guy has innings to build up anyway. Why expose him prematurely?
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #4 by ofahn » December 31st, 2013, 1:02 pm

Old Sneakers wrote:Hopefully Rodriguez gets six to eight weeks in Bowie prior to getting bumped up to Norfolk next season. I know people want him in Baltimore next year but it's unlikely to happen prior to expanded rosters. The guy has innings to build up anyway. Why expose him prematurely?

IMO we should not allow ANY SP to advance from AA until they can get at least 21 outs in a start WITHOUT their best pitch. What better indicator can you have that they have learned how to be a PITCHER?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by osforlife » January 1st, 2014, 2:07 pm

Bowie should have a very talented rotation highlighted by Eduardo Rodriguez, Tim Berry, Zach Davies, and Tyler Wilson.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #6 by ofahn » January 2nd, 2014, 2:54 pm

osforlife wrote:Bowie should have a very talented rotation highlighted by Eduardo Rodriguez, Tim Berry, Zach Davies, and Tyler Wilson.

I was thinking the same thing. I just hope none of them are promoted until they REALLY learn how to pitch.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Minor Leagues