Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#41 Prospect - Chorye Spoone

#41 Prospect - Chorye Spoone

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 18th, 2011, 5:09 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=8119

Once part of the 2007 Frederick rotation that included Brad Bergesen, David Hernandez and Jason Berken, Chorye Spoone spent last season as a member of the Baysox. Shoulder problems kept Spoone out for most of the 2008 & 2009 seasons, and he finally advanced to Bowie after 2 long years of waiting.

Full top 50 list
41. Chorye Spoone
42. Brandon Waring
43. Greg Miclat
44. Jake Cowan
45. Ronnie Welty
46. Kyle Hudson
47. Sebastian Vader
48. Jarret Martin
49. Dudley Leonora
50. Justin Dalles
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #41 Prospect - Chorye Spoone

PostPost #2 by ShowalterPower » February 18th, 2011, 6:58 pm

Is his curveball all that good? He only had 88 strikeouts in 132 innings.
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » February 18th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Jordan,

What factors are you weighing in? Is ir potential, talent, who you think will be the most productive at the MLB level? I don't think this guy gets to the majors, while lower guys like Cowan and Miclat should be servicebale players for a few years at least.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 19th, 2011, 1:03 am

ShowalterPower wrote:Is his curveball all that good? He only had 88 strikeouts in 132 innings.

I think a lot of it had to do with his fastball velocity being down towards the beginning of the year. I would expect more strikeouts next season.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 19th, 2011, 1:06 am

Shorebirdfan wrote:Jordan,

What factors are you weighing in? Is ir potential, talent, who you think will be the most productive at the MLB level? I don't think this guy gets to the majors, while lower guys like Cowan and Miclat should be servicebale players for a few years at least.

I look at everything but it all comes down to: if I can have one guy in my system, who is it? In this case I want to see how Cowan comes back from surgery. Cowan's a top 25 guy for me if he's healthy. With Miclat I don't think he'll ever start so he's a bench guy for me. I'm taking Spoone, who could turn out to be a sold reliever over a bench IF.

In the end, they're still only separated by a few slots. Really could go either way.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Minor Leagues