Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#45 Prospect - Ronnie Welty

#45 Prospect - Ronnie Welty

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 12th, 2011, 9:25 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=7836

Welty's produced solid numbers but he's not a legit prospect in my eyes until he proves he can perform well with those strikeouts in the upper minors.

Full top 50 list
45. Ronnie Welty
46. Kyle Hudson
47. Sebastian Vader
48. Jarret Martin
49. Dudley Leonora
50. Justin Dalles
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #45 Prospect - Ronnie Welty

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » February 12th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Jordan,

You hit it dead on with the two biggest improvements Welty needs. Cut down on the K's and improve his routes to the ball. 2009 was a breajout year for him and honestly I thought it was going to be a fluke. I was pleasantly surprised he seemed to improve most offensive numbers YOY
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: #45 Prospect - Ronnie Welty

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 13th, 2011, 2:02 am

Shorebirdfan wrote:Jordan,

You hit it dead on with the two biggest improvements Welty needs. Cut down on the K's and improve his routes to the ball. 2009 was a breajout year for him and honestly I thought it was going to be a fluke. I was pleasantly surprised he seemed to improve most offensive numbers YOY

Yeah, it's honestly somewhat of a mystery. The route running is going to be key. I remember a game last year where he let a ball routine fly ball go right over his head. I was at the game the following day and fans were still talking about it.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues