Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

John Sickels' O's preliminary prospect list

John Sickels' O's preliminary prospect list

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » December 9th, 2010, 1:15 pm

BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: John Sickels' O's preliminary prospect list

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 9th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Surprised Erbe didn't make the cut. I may have a piece up on Sickels' site within the next week or so.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Don » December 9th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Erbe has been hurt way too much at this point that he can be dropped as a "prospect" and could be an "organizational" type of pitcher. It is not automatic and it does not mean he is not going to be in Baltimore one day, but his performance in Norfolk and injury bug may make him just another run of the mill "C" prospect.

You have to ask him, but I can see him take this type of view to justify his omission.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by Esskay » December 11th, 2010, 3:53 pm

As I mentioned in the comments over there, Matt Angle, Rick Zagone, and Erbe seem like the biggest missing names, aside from Tyler Townsend (who should be added to the list).

No Billy Rowell - guess he's done.

Jordan, you were a vocal supporter of Angle all year: is he an odd omission from the list?
Esskay
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 11th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Esskay wrote:Jordan, you were a vocal supporter of Angle all year: is he an odd omission from the list?

There's a good case for taking any of the guys on John's preliminary list over Angle, so I can see why he's not listed. But I do believe he's going to have a nice career as a 4th OF who's going to give you defense, OBP and SB's. I'd have him on there.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #6 by Don » December 11th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Maybe we are all missing the point. It is a very good thing to have guys missing that could be productive players for the Orioles one day. It means this system does not lack depth and have quality prospects at all levels.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues