Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

8/9/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

Re: 8/9/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #16 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Baysox347 wrote:Long over-due, but I can finally say this now that I have signed up for the site...

You guys do a great job with the site....more specifically the minors stuff. Everything is really organized and it is extremely easy for me to follow along on the minors blog.

Thanks to both you and Tucker.

Thank you!

ofahn wrote:
Do you know why?

Leg injury I think , but don't quote me on that
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #17 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Baysox347 wrote:Long over-due, but I can finally say this now that I have signed up for the site...

You guys do a great job with the site....more specifically the minors stuff. Everything is really organized and it is extremely easy for me to follow along on the minors blog.

Thanks to both you and Tucker.

Thanks!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #18 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm

ofahn wrote:
Do you know why?

I also think leg injury. I will check for you when I visit Aberdeen on Sunday.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by ofahn » August 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote: ofahn wrote:
Do you know why?

Leg injury I think , but don't quote me on that

What IS it with our 1B? Do you think there's something in the water?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #20 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 3:40 pm

ofahn wrote:
What IS it with our 1B? Do you think there's something in the water?

Curse of Mark Teixieria :lol:
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #21 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 10:04 pm

L.J. Hoes with a big night going 4-6 with a RBI and SB. He's up to a .319 batting average.

Brenden Webb with a Double and Triple in his Keys debut. Hoping that he catches fire in Frederick and hits Bowie next year off the start or by mid season.

Jason Esposito with a big night as well. 4-4 with the game winning run.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #22 by legmason » August 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:L.J. Hoes with a big night going 4-6 with a RBI and SB. He's up to a .319 batting average.

Brenden Webb with a Double and Triple in his Keys debut. Hoping that he catches fire in Frederick and hits Bowie next year off the start or by mid season.

Really excited about Webb. I hope to go to Frederick soon and see him as well. Speaking of patient hitters, when I was at Frederick last night I was hoping to see Ruettiger. He did play but he only swung the bat once in his first four at bats. The first two at bats were walks, the third he was hit by a pitch and the 4 he grounded out to the right side. Other than that the bat never came off his shoulder before his fourth at bat. Gotten love his OBP last night though haha.

Also really impressed with Hoes and his bat. He may not have a ton of power but he sure is on a tear currently.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #23 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 10:21 pm

legmason wrote:
Really excited about Webb. I hope to go to Frederick soon and see him as well. Speaking of patient hitters, when I was at Frederick last night I was hoping to see Ruettiger. He did play but he only swung the bat once in his first four at bats. The first two at bats were walks, the third he was hit by a pitch and the 4 he grounded out to the right side. Other than that the bat never came off his shoulder before his fourth at bat. Gotten love his OBP last night though haha.

Also really impressed with Hoes and his bat. He may not have a ton of power but he sure is on a tear currently.

Sounds exactly like the usual Ruettiger. Believe me when I say he is not going to wow you haha. He's the kind of guy you don't pay attention to and suddenly notice he's been on base 2-3 times. His discipline is impressive.

I'm very very curious to see what happens with Hoes next season. Does he push for a roster spot? Do they dangle him in a trade? He's just about earned himself a promotion, it's merely a numbers game right now.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #24 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 9th, 2012, 10:21 pm

legmason wrote:Really excited about Webb. I hope to go to Frederick soon and see him as well. Speaking of patient hitters, when I was at Frederick last night I was hoping to see Ruettiger. He did play but he only swung the bat once in his first four at bats. The first two at bats were walks, the third he was hit by a pitch and the 4 he grounded out to the right side. Other than that the bat never came off his shoulder before his fourth at bat. Gotten love his OBP last night though haha.

Always frustrating when that happens! Especially if you are trying to get video of the guy and it just takes up 10 minutes of your storage space with no swings.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Huge game from Devin Jones tonight. 8 innings with 5 H, 1 R , 0 BB, 7 K.

I think he might be one of my biggest surprises this season. I'll be honest, I thought he was a pure bullpen guy. I still could be right, but holy heck I love being wrong with stuff like this
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #26 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 9th, 2012, 10:59 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Huge game from Devin Jones tonight. 8 innings with 5 H, 1 R , 0 BB, 7 K.

I think he might be one of my biggest surprises this season. I'll be honest, I thought he was a pure bullpen guy. I still could be right, but holy heck I love being wrong with stuff like this

The main concern with Jones has always been his control and command. Looks like they have made some changes with him and he has come a long way with that.

I will likely be at one of his next two starts.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #27 by Baysox347 » August 9th, 2012, 11:03 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:L.J. Hoes with a big night going 4-6 with a RBI and SB. He's up to a .319 batting average.

I know a probably think too highly of him but man I love Brenden Webb. So. Many. Tools.
Baysox347
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 4

PostPost #28 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Baysox347 wrote:I know a probably think too highly of him but man I love Brenden Webb. So. Many. Tools.

Perfectly fine loving him. He DOES have a ton of tools. If he ever figures out how to make better contact (or more contact), then he could move up quick. I'm rooting for him.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #29 by Aaron » August 10th, 2012, 11:05 am

Mychal Givens with another 2 hits tonight and batting .288 with a .351 OBP since the All-Star break. I was kind of hoping he would be converted to a pitcher in the off season, but if he keeps this up I doubt that will be the case. Has he improved enough this year to continue the middle infield experiment and will he ever hit for power?
Last edited by Aaron on August 10th, 2012, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aaron
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #30 by ofahn » August 10th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Aaron wrote:Mychal Givens with another 2 hits tonight and batting .288 with a .351 OBP since the All-Star break. I was kind of hoping he would be converted to a pitcher in the off season, but if he keeps this up I doubt that will be the case. Has he improved enough this year to continue the middle infield experiment and will he even hit power?

He'll need to come on quickly if he's to be considered a legit prospect. He's 22 and still playing at low A.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PreviousNext

Return to Minor Leagues