Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What's all the hype on Parker Bridwell?

What's all the hype on Parker Bridwell?

PostPost #1 by bushwick » August 8th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Looking at MLB's prospect list as well as ON list and Parker Bridwell is pretty high. looking at his stats it doesn't show why. Anyone who knows more about him or has seen him pitch live care to inform me.
bushwick
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: What's all the hype on Parker Bridwell?

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 8th, 2012, 1:00 pm

bushwick wrote:Looking at MLB's prospect list as well as ON list and Bridwell is pretty high. looking at his stats it doesn't show why. Anyone who knows more about him or has seen him pitch live care to inform me.

There is a lot of projection with Bridwell. He has a velocity, sink, potential above-average secondaries, good pitcher's frame. There is a lot to like going forward.

Remember, he's only been focused on baseball for two years and also grew 2 inches this year, which has affected his command. He has made some strides in his past few starts.

Next year I think we will see better results.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » August 8th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Parker is a tremendous talent. His numbers are no indication of how good a player he is.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by ofahn » August 8th, 2012, 2:09 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Parker is a tremendous talent.

THAT'S what the hype is all about. It's not often that kind of talent comes along. Now, it's up to the develop people to turn him into a ML player.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by bushwick » August 8th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Thanks for the responses. I will keep a close eye on his progress. New to this site but saw that he is hitting 100 on the gun on another post. Pretty impressive! Lets hope he can command it.
bushwick
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #6 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 8th, 2012, 2:18 pm

bushwick wrote:Thanks for the responses. I will keep a close eye on his progress. New to this site but saw that he is hitting 100 on the gun on another post. Pretty impressive! Lets hope he can command it.

No problem. Welcome to the forums!

If he can command and trust his stuff more that's when we will see the results.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues