Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

How many top 100 prospects do the Orioles have?

How many top 100 prospects do the Orioles have?

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » August 4th, 2012, 4:53 pm

I think they have four....

Dylan Bundy - top 2
Manny Machado - top 5
Kevin Gausman - top 45
Jonathan Schoop - top 95

...Delmonico is probably in the 130 range.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: How many top 100 prospects do the Orioles have?

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » August 4th, 2012, 8:49 pm

I'd say three.

Bundy - 1 or 2 depending on how you rate him compared to Profar.
Machado - 5 to 7 depnding on how you rate Seattle MILB pitchers
Gausman - agree with your number.

I think simply because of the 2012 draft class additions Schoop just misses out on the top 100.
I think Delmonico is close to what you have him at, but might drop outside the top 150 with this 2nd injury and lack of position.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 4th, 2012, 8:54 pm

BuckMagic wrote:I think they have four....

Dylan Bundy - top 2
Manny Machado - top 5
Kevin Gausman - top 45
Jonathan Schoop - top 95

...Delmonico is probably in the 130 range.

Like Tim I also think Schoop just narrowly misses the top 100 on most lists, but will probably sneak onto a few.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by Matt P » August 5th, 2012, 1:56 am

Bundy, Machado, and Gausman. Schoop will probably be in Law's top 100.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by ofahn » August 5th, 2012, 7:57 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Like Tim I also think Schoop just narrowly misses the top 100 on most lists, but will probably sneak onto a few.

Schoop's emerging power might impress some of the evaluators.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by Don » August 5th, 2012, 8:40 am

Bundy - more or less 1. I love Profar's game whenever I see him and he will be a very talented shortstop more in a Derek Jeter mold, more contact than pop, but more than serviceable in both departments. It is tough to top that, but adding a true TOR arm to the small list currently in baseball is even a rarer feat. Bundy can anchor 30 staffs in a few years, that is saying more than enough to make him No. 1 in my eyes.

Machado - 3-5 depending on what you value. I only think Bundy, Profar, and Walker really give him a run for his money. Wil Myers can match, maybe even surpass the bat, but Manny position takes the cake.

Gausman - 40-60 range depending on what you value. His arsenal can sit a top of most rotation, his plane can be ridiculous. I tend to pause with some aspects of his delivery and some of the erratic ability to locate. If he can pick up his command and throttle back, he will rise in this list over the next two years.

Schoop - he could be a late sneak in, if you are heavy on power. He is more or less a lock for 6 and maybe jump to 7, if his contact plays up.

Delmonico - Outside looking in because as Tim mentioned, injury and real lack of defensive home that does not require a ridiculously productive bat. The tools are present, so there is some sleeper in the global landscape.

Bridwell - I see him as outside looking in as well. He has that arsenal that makes you want to see more. He was always going to take longer because he was always a gym rat for every sport known to man. His delivery is rather clean, release point really solid. I just wish they stopped forcing him to nibble the plate. His "stuff" can produce swing/miss with three offerings, change up and sinker have that depth to keep it on the ground. He is the type that needs to attack hitters, which when it happens is the time his growth goes North.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues