Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Zach Petersime

Zach Petersime

PostPost #1 by adonijah1510 » July 28th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Zach has not allowed a run in his last 3 appearances and not allowed a run in 5 out of his 8 appearances this season in relief. He's averaging 2.4 innings a game but only one strike out. In his 19.2 innings this year in Delmarva he's only given up 14 hits and 5 ER posting a 2.29 ERA. He's holding batters to a .215 batting average, holding left handed hitters to a .200 batting average. Also holding batters with runners in scoring position to a average of .136 making him a very reliable man out of the pen. Not very bad for a guy drafted in the 45th round. If he can continue the success he's having this season he'll be moving up and start to open some eyes.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

Re: Zach Petersime

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 28th, 2012, 12:55 pm

adonijah1510 wrote:Zach has not allowed a run in his last 3 appearances and not allowed a run in 5 out of his 8 appearances this season in relief. He's averaging 2.4 innings a game but only one strike out. In his 19.2 innings this year in Delmarva he's only given up 14 hits and 5 ER posting a 2.29 ERA. He's holding batters to a .215 batting average, holding left handed hitters to a .200 batting average. Also holding batters with runners in scoring position to a average of .136 making him a very reliable man out of the pen. Not very bad for a guy drafted in the 45th round. If he can continue the success he's having this season he'll be moving up and start to open some eyes.

He's definitely pitched well as of late. I think the Orioles really like him as an org. guy.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by adonijah1510 » July 28th, 2012, 12:59 pm

He really impressed me last night working a great game and keeping the runners on the bench. If I remember correctly, I don't have my notes with me from the game, he was hitting 91-93 on the gun.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » July 28th, 2012, 11:02 pm

I haven't seen anything about him that jumps out at me. Plus he is a 2008 draft selection that just reached Low A about a month ago.

As Jordan said, probably a nice organizational guy, but probably not much more than that.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Return to Minor Leagues