Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Dylan Bundy Game Scouting Report - 7/14/2012

Dylan Bundy Game Scouting Report - 7/14/2012

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 17th, 2012, 11:08 am

http://orioles-nation.com/2012/07/17/dylan-bundy-game-scouting-report-7142012/

Living 35 minutes away from Harry Grove Stadium, I knew there was no way I'd let Dylan Bundy pass through Frederick without seeing him at least once. After receiving a call saying I had off work, I immediately realized I would be able to catch Bundy's start. I hopped in my car and hurried to what I knew would be a crowded game.

The hype surrounding Bundy at the game was a bit more than I expected. But that's not to say he doesn't deserve it.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Dylan Bundy Game Scouting Report - 7/14/2012

PostPost #2 by docjj » July 18th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Question-

Why send him to the bullpen to throw another 15 pitches? Why not just leave him in the game another inning or two?
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Dylan Bundy Game Scouting Report - 7/14/2012

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 18th, 2012, 8:33 pm

docjj wrote:Question-

Why send him to the bullpen to throw another 15 pitches? Why not just leave him in the game another inning or two?

Don would know better than I would but my guess is they don't want to pull him in the middle of an inning. They just want to monitor him and his pitch count so they have him throw in the pen as opposed to the game.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues