I attended the game Friday night.
The Final score was a 10-0 loss so there isn't much I can talk about here in a positive light. I'll try.Christian Walker
- The baseball gods did not want me to see him play. He walked on 4 pitches, got hit by a pitch and flied out on a first pitch. Needless to say, I really need to see him play again.Roderick Bernadina
- Still a work in progress out in CF. He probably should have caught a ball that ended up going for a triple. On the other hand, he had some OK plate appearances, nothing better than what I saw the last 2 times. His bat speed is ridiculous, and I still think he is the most exciting player on the team. Christian Walker is going to give him a run for his money though.Joel Hutter
- To put it bluntly, he has no range whatsoever at SS. He's really slow up the middle and I haven't been too impressed with him defensively at all. His arm is not the strongest either. Remember, this is a guy who signed for 10K in the 10th round. I'd be curious to see him moved to 2B though. He does make some nice transfers on relays. That was the one thing that stood out for me. Certainly above average in that aspect.Jose Nivar
- This guy has a damn ARM. He was popping it around 96 MPH. Of course, he also cannot locate a pitch to save his life. He can't hit the broadside of a barn as Don mentioned to me. However, you simply cannot teach fast. He indeed has a huge skill there, and location and command are going to be his downfall. His secondary stuff is just whatever to me. Nothing entirely impressive either. Nivar is a little old for the NYPL but I can completely see why the Orioles are holding onto him. If a light ever clicks with him, watch out.Sebastian Vader
- I'm going to write an in-depth column on him. Should be out by Wednesday I'd say.