Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Trade for Garza

Re: Trade for Garza

PostPost #46 by ofahn » June 17th, 2012, 5:41 pm

osforlife wrote:Schoop didn't impress me the other night but he is very young for AA like a lot of you said. Say Machado and Schoop finished with their slashlines of .243/.331/.362 and .245/.303/.323, respectively. They would just repeat AA right?

The short answer is yes BUT, I don't think that will be the case. Both of their seasons are progressing in a similar manner to when they were promoted to Frederick last year. They both struggled and then made the adjustments. The last month of the season they were both dominant and they were smokin in the playoffs.

osforlife wrote:If we sign Gausman, would he be an untouchable?

I didn't address him because he's not signed yet and when he is he can't be traded until next summer.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #47 by Matt P » June 17th, 2012, 5:54 pm

osforlife wrote:
ofahn wrote:
Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Schoop is also just 20 while the average Eastern League pitcher is 24.9 years old. Any struggles he has should not be a concern. He's improved every month, too. No one should be worried at this point.

IMO there should be FOUR untouchables in this system - DYLAN Bundy, Manny Machado, Jonathon Schoop, and Nick Delmonico. Each of these players have a better than average chance of becoming a cornerstone player on the Orioles' teams of 2014 and beyond. To me, the only question about Machado, Schoop, and Delmonico is what positions they will play. I think that Machado and Schoop would be best at SS and 2B respectively, but if Delmonico can show he can play a better than ML average 2B then I could see Machado at 3B and Schoop at SS.

I'd like to see the team bring all three of these guys brought to Baltimore when their seasons end. Not to be placed on the roster but to work with Bordick and Brian Roberts in order to evaluate whether they can be our infield of the future.

If we could acquire Garza or Dempster without trading one of the untouchable four then make the trade but don't give away the future for an extra three or four wins this year.

If we sign Gausman, would he be an untouchable? Schoop didn't impress me the other night but he is very young for AA like a lot of you said. Say Machado and Schoop finished with their slashlines of .243/.331/.362 and .245/.303/.323, respectively. They would just repeat AA right?

Stats shouldn't be the only thing looked at when judging their seasons. Even if they both have to repeat AA they would still be young for the league.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #48 by birdwatcher55 » June 18th, 2012, 11:38 am

Isn't Delmonico being given a look at first base?? Seems like I read it somewhere 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #49 by Shorebirdfan » June 18th, 2012, 4:14 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Isn't Delmonico being given a look at first base?? Seems like I read it somewhere 8-)

Delmonico started the season playing 1B almost daily for Delmarva. Actually he will be the starting 1B for the North AS tomorrow. About half way into the first half Ryan Minor moved him over to 2B and he has been playing there almost daily since. Still shows a few more game at 1B than 2B, but I would expect him to continue at 2B after the break.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #50 by birdwatcher55 » June 26th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:Isn't Delmonico being given a look at first base?? Seems like I read it somewhere 8-)

Delmonico started the season playing 1B almost daily for Delmarva. Actually he will be the starting 1B for the North AS tomorrow. About half way into the first half Ryan Minor moved him over to 2B and he has been playing there almost daily since. Still shows a few more game at 1B than 2B, but I would expect him to continue at 2B after the break.

Thanks for the heads up 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles