Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Gausman

Gausman

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » June 10th, 2012, 9:00 am

Not impressed with what I see so far. He will need a minimum of two minor league seasons. Will he ever master a curve?? Might be better suited long term for the backend of the bullpen. I think we should have gone after the kid from Stanford. Your thoughts?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Gausman

PostPost #2 by davetrembling » June 10th, 2012, 11:42 am

Closing out game one and the back and forth rain delaying game two had to have affected him a bit. Looked fatigued. That being said I think he will be fine.
davetrembling
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by YeaaBigKev » June 10th, 2012, 12:11 pm

What I liked most about Gausman's performance was that even though he did not have his best stuff he still went out there and competed. I understand that most fans would've liked a shutout or no hitter but if you look at the number's he really didn't have that bad of a game. The kid will be fine and will be a nice #2 starter behind Bundy
YeaaBigKev
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by CSPitt17130 » June 10th, 2012, 2:10 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Not impressed with what I see so far. He will need a minimum of two minor league seasons. Will he ever master a curve?? Might be better suited long term for the backend of the bullpen. I think we should have gone after the kid from Stanford. Your thoughts?? 8-)

I think everyone else who says he is going to be a #2/3 with a very small chance of being a #1 knows more than you do if your opinion is that he's best suited for the bullpen after seeing him pitch once in the rain and after he had already thrown in a high leverage situation earlier in the day.
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #5 by JPriv13 » June 10th, 2012, 10:40 pm

And let's not discount the Stony Brook lineup. They are one of the best hitting teams in the nation. I like what I saw in Gausman.
JPriv13
DSL Orioles

PostPost #6 by Matt P » June 10th, 2012, 10:56 pm

LSU lost tonight and is eliminated.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #7 by OriolesRedskins28 » June 11th, 2012, 12:43 am

Matt P wrote:LSU lost tonight and is eliminated.

Feel sorry for Gausman getting knocked out early but not sorry for the O's. Happy his season is over for their sake.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » June 13th, 2012, 2:50 pm

I just hope we don't overspend for this guy. He's not worth the coin IMHO 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles