Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Peter Schmuck

Peter Schmuck

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » May 31st, 2012, 12:43 pm

Don't know how you feel but this guy really gets under your skin after awhile. Talk about doom and gloom. This guy can't seem to write anything positive and pounces on the O's like a hungry wolf attacking red meat at the first sign of trouble 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Peter Schmuck

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » May 31st, 2012, 12:47 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Don't know how you feel but this guy really gets under your skin after awhile. Talk about doom and gloom. This guy can't seem to write anything positive and pounces on the O's like a hungry wolf attacking red meat at the first sign of trouble 8-)

Do you have an example?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Old Sneakers » May 31st, 2012, 1:14 pm

Today's Article
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-schmuck-orioles-0531-20120530,0,4250589.column

I don't dislike him in any way to be honest. He strikes me as the number two writer behind Roch. As for the content of today's article I think it has merit. The orioles are not a true contender yet. The team is capable of winning more games than in the past when it's pitching clicks but otherwise slip right back to mediocrity fast when it doesn't.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » May 31st, 2012, 1:36 pm

I just think he is the Orioles' version of Mike Preston.
I've met him, nice guy.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by Ampontan » June 1st, 2012, 8:35 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:Don't know how you feel but this guy really gets under your skin after awhile. Talk about doom and gloom. This guy can't seem to write anything positive and pounces on the O's like a hungry wolf attacking red meat at the first sign of trouble 8-)

I think he does it because he has to. He was a lot different, with a lot of comedy, before the big massacre at the Sun when they fired several sports writers all of a sudden, including David Steele. He changed a lot after that. I could be wrong, but I think he's doing what the paper wants him to do.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Baltimore Orioles