Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

When Britton returns...

Re: When Britton returns...

PostPost #31 by Matt P » June 6th, 2012, 9:20 pm

I guess Britton won't be returning any time soon now that he has been optioned to Norfolk. Tillman looks to be the next in line to get a call up.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #32 by mikezpen » June 11th, 2012, 7:25 am

I wouldn't rush Britton, either.He hasn't been a ball of fire. I'd finesse it out w/Hunter, Steve Johnson, Moyer or even Arrieta before I'd rush a Britton/Tillman up here before they're ready.It's a long season, and there's plenty of time for the kids to pitch in Baltimore. Give them the reps in Norfolk so they get those all-important mechanics down pat before sticking them out there against the Yankees.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #33 by ofahn » June 11th, 2012, 10:38 am

A_K wrote:Sounds like a lot of narrative construction. Maybe those things are true, but it sure sounds like "so and so reported to camp in the best shape of his life."

Part of Tillman's improvement has been that he's FINALLY in decent shape and part of his improvement has been the tutoring of Rick Peterson. I think that Arrieta would benefit from spending a month or so with him, too, but I still think the biggest problem with both of those pitchers is NOT between their shoulders and their finger tips, but between their ears.

I think both of them could be impact late inning relievers RIGHT NOW, but they won't be front line ML starters until they begin to trust their stuff and become aggressive when they have two strikes on a batter.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles