Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles #1 in MLB Relative Power Index!- ESPN

Orioles #1 in MLB Relative Power Index!- ESPN

PostPost #1 by rauserka » May 18th, 2012, 12:59 pm

This is certainly encouraging!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi

The Orioles rank #1 in RPI, #6 in SoS (strength of schedule), and #3 in Power Rankings according to ESPN.

Interesting note
All of the other MLB division leaders rank in the bottom-half of league in SoS, besides Texas who is #14!

Lets go O's- Keep up the good work.
rauserka
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Orioles #1 in MLB Relative Power Index!- ESPN

PostPost #2 by birdwatcher55 » May 19th, 2012, 5:14 am

Don't wake me from this dream :D
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #3 by Old Sneakers » May 19th, 2012, 1:01 pm

They aren't this good. Not with this lineup. My guess is we all see a drop off somewhere, though it is nice to see the pitching far beyond anything we've had in recent memory. I just do not think it is sustainable. Boston tanking is the bigger surprise in my eyes.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #4 by Zach » May 20th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I think that we as a fan base are so hesitant when good things happen sometimes we blind ourselves to what is actually happening. I am guilty of it myself and it stems from the losing culture we have grown accustomed to. This team is different and I think finds ways to win and that the lineup is irrelevant. We have some very good players in the lineup which hold it together regardless of who we put around them on any given night. The rotation is exceeded expectations, but confidence is not something to overlook for a pitcher and they all seem to have it to varying degrees. The bullpen is one of the best in baseball right now and with Gregg seemingly fitting better in his new role I think that will continue. I will continue to be cautiously optimistic (much like the rest of you), but am slowly gaining confidence that maybe this team is this good.
Zach
DSL Orioles

PostPost #5 by ofahn » May 20th, 2012, 1:33 pm

IMO the difference between this year's team and last year's is that this year they are playing just well enough to win and last year they played just well enough ways to lose.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by osforlife » May 21st, 2012, 2:18 pm

At some point, we are sure to expect a some kind of drop off, but I'am am loving every bit of this. I was born in 1998 and I've never expierenced a winning season.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #7 by Zach » May 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm

I was 8 the last time we went to the playoffs and will never forget watching it on tv, while my dad went because some friend scored him a ticket. Still a little bitter about it haha.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles