Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles option Berken, Bergesen, Antonelli to AAA

Re: Orioles option Berken, Bergesen, Antonelli to AAA

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » March 31st, 2012, 5:18 am

CSPitt17130 wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:
TuckerBlair89 wrote:Antonelli, Berken, Begesen optioned

Willis, Beerer, Tolleson, Hester, Galarraga reassigned

Britton, Roberts DL

Britton and Roberts aside, I pray to God we never see ANY of them again 8-)

I don't know why you'd have an issue with Bergesen, Berken, or Antonelli in the right role. Seeing any of the others (except for Willis if he manages to turn out to be a decent LOOGY) wouldn't be as disappointing as whatever situation caused those guys getting the call (injury, ineffectiveness, etc.).

Short answer: NONE are effective and dependable Major League performers based on recent history. Will they be in the future?? Who knows but I do know it's time to move on and find more effective personnel for the present 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Orioles option Berken, Bergesen, Antonelli to AAA

PostPost #17 by thezeroes » March 31st, 2012, 12:21 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Short answer: NONE are effective and dependable Major League performers based on recent history. Will they be in the future?? Who knows but I do know it's time to move on and find more effective personnel for the present

Beerer has no track record in the Majors so what are you base your opinion of him on???

Tolleson (IF) and Hester (C) are a tick above Replacement Level and will be servicable if the need arises on the Orioles.

Bergesen and Berken have issues with throwing "Quality" strikes and also to many out of the zone. As the Orioles are currently constructed they are the "Fillers" if/when there are injuries in Baltimore. Where are you proposing these "Effective personal" come from?
thezeroes
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles